Sign in to follow this  
SoloTwo

List of Alaskan Airports available for FSX, Freeware and Payware

Basically I'm trying to put together a list of all the Airports that we can download for the Alaska region. Later today I'll be purchasing Flight 1's Ultimate Alaska, Anchorage X, and Dutch Harbor X and making my trek up there with my Turbine Duke from KBVS.

This is currently what I have/know of.

ORBX PAKT

Tongass Fjords

Anchorage X

Dutch Harbor X

And that's all I really know of. I'd like to be able to hopefully start doing a lot of flying around Alaska but I have this serious phobia about flying into default airports...

Btw to anyone that owns Ultimate Alaska do they do anything to the default airports besides better blending?

You could add ORBX Pacific Fjords to that list, though it's enhancing not only Alaska, also you could add Stewart airport by them. I know it's actually Canada, but its a relatively short hop from there to PAKT, and it's really a great addon.

Did you do a search in the Avsim library? There are some good looking sceneries, judging from the screenshots.

Your question reminded me that I once wanted to have an addon for Valdez PAVD, so I gooled it and found FSNorthwest Looks good, too.

Hope this helps a bit

Flo

I know you mention Tongass Fjords, but it's also worth mentioning that the included Sitka airport is definitely standalone payware quality.

And yes, while Stewart is Canadian it's right on the border and the town area of Hyder, AK is also included and you need Pacific Fjords for PAKT anyway, so techically... :-)

Scott

I have this serious phobia about flying into default airports...

:LMAO: :LMAO: Me too!!

Flight Immersion's Alaska Cordova has three airports, Merle Smith Cordova Airport, Cordova Municipal Airfield and Boswell Bay Airfield

PFSN's Fairbanks X, also has three airports, Fairbanks International, Chena Marina, and Metro Field

Taburet do an add on mesh, well two actually: Aster Mesh Alaska and Canada and Alaska

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

As posted above, www.freewarescenery.com is a very useful site worthy of a bookmark in your browser. The new pay ware equivalent from the same author/webmaster (Robert-Jan Oosterloo) is www.flightsim-scenery.com. Together an excellent resource!