Sign in to follow this  
johnnyg

PMDG 737 NG Purchase

I just wanted to know before purchasing the product if I download it can I save the program on a CD or DVD just in case I have to format my computer and have to reload program? I tend to format computer a lot or is there a CD or DVD for purchase at PMDG website for FSX version to reload the program?The only thing I can find on there site is the download and I don't want to have to keep purchasing something I have already purchased.Looks like the re download is only good for a year.

There is a DVD version available.Look in Aerosoft's website; and you can save to a different partition on your drives.

I just wanted to know before purchasing the product if I download it can I save the program on a CD or DVD just in case I have to format my computer and have to reload program? I tend to format computer a lot or is there a CD or DVD for purchase at PMDG website for FSX version to reload the program?The only thing I can find on there site is the download and I don't want to have to keep purchasing something I have already purchased.Looks like the re download is only good for a year.

Yes you can. Heck, you can even save it to a flash drive or portable hard drive.

Make sure you also save the product key for reinstalling too!

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

So if I go to the PMDG web site and download the PMDG 737 NG product I can save it to my desktop and then Burn it to a CD or DVD to reinstall it later using the product code to re install it?

You can save the downloaded installer and reinstall whenever you need to with the Activation code you recieve when you purchase the product. However if you install it on your computer and later upgrade your hardware it will not allow you to in most cases. The reason being it senses different hardware and will think your trying to install it on multiple computers. In this case you contact PMDG and ask for a new code and the old one becomes invalid. This is to prevent software piracy.

You can run the NGX on 2 computers but only 1 copy of the NGX can be running at any given time and you must get permission from PMDG first.

Or you can back up your hard drive to an external drive so if your hard drive crashes for some reason or other , than its a matter of reinstalling from your external to your new hard drive. Saves hassles of reinstalling your windows and other adons you mite have installed

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg