Sign in to follow this  
Avwriter

How to I get the "80 knots" call-out to work in other liveries

With the house livery, I get a call-out at 80 knots, both for take off and landing. When I switched to a different livery to fly with a VA, this call-out disappeared. I still get other call-outs such as V1 and VR. I looked through the PMDG options in the FMC and did not see anything regarding this particular call-out. Alternatively, is there some button I can just click on to give my F/O a good kick in the pants so he will pay attention and stop watching Baywatch reruns on his iPad? I guess it's just hard to find good help these days :-)

Likewise, my cockpit no longer has the "recall" button on the MFD, and the "SYS" screen no longer displays the control positions as it does with the house livery. Which piece of equipment, or option, do I need to select from the FMC for these features to be present?

Thanks.

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones

It's all in your Aircraft options in the FMC...

I can't remember the name exactly, but it's something like "Callout 80 knots"

PMDG Options are global (doesn't matter what livery)

Aircraft Options are by livery

Kyle Rodgers

With the house livery, I get a call-out at 80 knots, both for take off and landing. When I switched to a different livery to fly with a VA, this call-out disappeared. I still get other call-outs such as V1 and VR. I looked through the PMDG options in the FMC and did not see anything regarding this particular call-out. Alternatively, is there some button I can just click on to give my F/O a good kick in the pants so he will pay attention and stop watching Baywatch reruns on his iPad? I guess it's just hard to find good help these days :-)

Likewise, my cockpit no longer has the "recall" button on the MFD, and the "SYS" screen no longer displays the control positions as it does with the house livery. Which piece of equipment, or option, do I need to select from the FMC for these features to be present?

Thanks.

Andrew Jones

I don't know how you would be getting an 80 knots callout from your F/O in any livery...it's just not an option with the NGX. The only F/O callouts are V1 and Rotate. But the options for available callouts by the F/O are in the PMDG Setup --> OPTIONS in the FMC. The options for aircraft specific items, i.e. the setup of all the displays, is under PMDG Setup --> AIRCRAFT. These are all described in the Introduction Manual from page 45 on. I would write it all down for you, but it would be much easier to just read the intro manual since there are so many options.

I don't know how you would be getting an 80 knots callout from your F/O in any livery...it's just not an option with the NGX. The only F/O callouts are V1 and Rotate.

You might want to check that...

Kyle Rodgers

I'm quite certain...but I'll load up the sim and get screenshots.

Right, that's what I meant. There's no 80 knots callout. The OP said he heard an 80 knots call out, but it just ain't there...that's what my "I don't know how you would be getting an 80 knots callout from your F/O in any livery...it's just not an option with the NGX." comment was regarding. I have my V2 disabled, that's why I posted V1 an VR only.

Back on topic...if the OP is hearing an 80 knot callout, something is wrong.

Or he has some add-on with this callout installed.

Fail-operational autopilot.

Sorry - my mistake. I could have sworn that I was getting the "80 knot" call-out before, but I must have been remembering the 744x, which I am more used to. I am certain that it is present with that plane. Just out of curiosity, why would they not include this feature with the NGX, when it is present in other PMDG birds? I find 80 knots to be a helpful reference point for both take-off and landing, and having the call-out ensures that it is not over-looked. Granted, if you use HUGS, the speed will be right in front of you, but sometimes I prefer not to use it.

Andrew Jones

If you use Fs2Crew NGX Voice Edition, the F/O will call 80 knots.

Kind regards

Peter

If you use Fs2Crew NGX Voice Edition, the F/O will call 80 knots.

That's what was getting me. I flew without FS2Crew this weekend and didn't notice it. I was getting confused with the older models that have it in there.

Kyle Rodgers

You can make your own 80kts callout.

Put the code into your panel directory or sub directory where all your other gauges live. Save it say as "80kts.xml" using your notepad. Put into your panel.cfg so that it's in an empty part of the screen in your main panel window [Window00]. At the end of the list of gauges insert your reference to the new gauge e.g. gauge102=gauge directory!80kts, 2,101,69,96. Create a wav file put that into your panel directory and download dsd_fsx_xml_sound.zip. Unzip that into your panel directory. Read the instructions carefully.

put the real file name and the L:Sound_80k,number variable reference file name into the sound.ini file and your done.

<!-- 80kts Call -->
<Element>
 <Select>
	 <Value>(L:sound_played3,bool) 0 == (A:SIM ON GROUND, bool) 1 == and
(A:AIRSPEED INDICATED,knots) 76 > (A:Turb eng1 N2, percent) 93 > and and
if{ 1 (>L:Sound_80k,number) 1 (>L:sound_played3,bool) }</Value>
 </Select>
</Element>