Sign in to follow this  
Air1

Unalaka (PADU)

Sure takes a long time to get anyhere, think I have to call for a fuel drop if anyone can hear me. Nasty weather, could not see the short gravel strip until I was right over it. Wearing this Hawaiian shirt is not going to cut it, burr. I must be missing something because I don't see a updated career path or new pilot caractures?

I see they have Ketchikan Airport all the way at the bottom right of the map. There should be some great scenery in that area.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

I see they have Ketchikan Airport all the way at the bottom right of the map. There should be some great scenery in that area.

Well... the airport is very simple. They did add quite a few things to the harbor, big boats, small boats, but the city itself looks like the usually... er... not too good. Those city textures are too big and are cut off awfully. I wish MS could come up with a better method to create cities, because cities suck.

7455171752_57d9ff615b_b.jpg

7455172142_5d648064d4_b.jpg

Sure takes a long time to get anyhere, think I have to call for a fuel drop if anyone can hear me. Nasty weather, could not see the short gravel strip until I was right over it. Wearing this Hawaiian shirt is not going to cut it, burr. I must be missing something because I don't see a updated career path or new pilot caractures?

Thanks for the PICS.

You sure that is PADU? It is a paved runway, with an approach lighting (VASI) system and markings....and it is carved right out of Mt.Ballyhoo with water on both ends of it....that doesn't seem to match your photos?

Could you provide an overhead map view?

Thanks...I won't be able to download for a week or so....but PADU will be my home base in Flight if it is correctly set up.

Bill

KGYH

DVD Author: Electra! Queen of the Aleutian Islands

anybody else seeing FSX models everywhere? I look at your picture of Ketchikan, J van E, and all the ship are straight from FSX. I can not be sure on the autogen texture but it look the exact same. The crane seem new though. Good thing too since the FSX cranes killed FPS

not a complaint but an observation, it seem there is a lot more FSX in FLIGHT than i thought!

Oh BTW. Anyone have picture of Juneau?

Well... the airport is very simple. They did add quite a few things to the harbor, big boats, small boats, but the city itself looks like the usually... er... not too good. Those city textures are too big and are cut off awfully. I wish MS could come up with a better method to create cities, because cities suck.

7455171752_57d9ff615b_b.jpg

7455172142_5d648064d4_b.jpg

Thanks for the pics, I almost buy Alaska just too compare Ketchigan with what i have in FSX just because the price wasnt that bad. Now i don't have too, think I'll stick with FSX . This is what Ketcigan looks in my FSX setup.

Thanks for the pics, I almost buy Alaska just too compare Ketchigan with what i have in FSX just because the price wasnt that bad. Now i don't have too, think I'll stick with FSX . This is what Ketcigan looks in my FSX setup.

keep in mind thats a $35 orbx airport on top of a $35 ORBX region that only covers < 3% of Alaska. lets compare your shots of, say Talkeetna. $15 is a pretty good deal for the whole state regardless if you can make one city look better in FSX

I'm flying right now in the Maule from PADU to Cold Bay.

Just landed.....

Here is enroute shot about 1/2 way.

EnroutetoColdBayfromPADU.jpg

And here I am parked at the Hangars at Cold Bay.

theRampatColdBay.jpg

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

keep in mind thats a $35 orbx airport on top of a $35 ORBX region that only covers < 3% of Alaska. lets compare your shots of, say Talkeetna. $15 is a pretty good deal for the whole state regardless if you can make one city look better in FSX

Im quite aware that it cost 32,95$ for a single airport and 40,95$ for the region and It's a smaller a smaller area, but right know i dont have any choice too improve the default Flight scenery. And I rather pay more for a small area in greater quality than a large one, that i personaly think looks like crap. I'll be happy too buy payware airports and scenery for Flight too If I had that option. But when can I improve Flight scenery with quality payware?

Like too add that i didnt pay that much, bougt everything Orbx had during their April sale.

Thanks for the PICS.

You sure that is PADU? It is a paved runway, with an approach lighting (VASI) system and markings....and it is carved right out of Mt.Ballyhoo with water on both ends of it....that doesn't seem to match your photos?

Could you provide an overhead map view?

Thanks...I won't be able to download for a week or so....but PADU will be my home base in Flight if it is correctly set up.

Bill

KGYH

DVD Author: Electra! Queen of the Aleutian Islands

'

It looks like PAKT to me. Kinda sparse.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

You and I would both agree that ORBX ketchikan is better than the Ketchikan area in flight. looks like crap is a little harsh though, there are areas of flights scenery that are worse than ORBX's certainly, but to be honest there are some areas that even ORBX can't touch at this point that flight excels at, the mountain scenery and trees in particular. I would love if ORBX were to release a full Alaska product, but they are only now working on SAK which will be far far less than the whole state. There's only so many times I can land at the same airport, regardless how beautiful it is. (Oops I may have made a metaphor for other areas of life as well, lol)

I wonder what folks will finally get tired of dissecting and nitpicking every square yard of the Alaska scenery and every bolt, nut and rivet in the aircraft, and either enjoy flying in Flight or move on to something else. For those of use who really like this sim, it is really getting tedious.

You are correct sir. I landed at the only strip I could find. I guess I was lost but must have been near by, the weather was really harsh at the time. PADU really is a nice looking facility. I will need to explore it farther.

You are correct sir. I landed at the only strip I could find. I guess I was lost but must have been near by, the weather was really harsh at the time. PADU really is a nice looking facility. I will need to explore it farther.

Thanks for the PADU pics! That is indeed what I remember from my visits there! Of course, the Aerosoft FSX add-on is beautiful, but I love the ambiance of Flight, and really look forward to my fun round robins from PASD-PACD-PADU and back in bad winter weather in Flight!

Try PASD--Sand Point--it's amazing too in real life!

Thanks again for the pics

Bill