Sign in to follow this  
jp1018

Carbon Cub Cockpit and terrain bug...

So here are some close-up external shots of the cub cockpit:The cockpit looks good, and not too much to model...come on microsoft! 5 buck upgrade, maybe?

Secondly, a terrain bug:Don't know.....it went away after I panned away and looked back...anyways, I'm loving Alaska!

Enjoy

Is your card an ATI?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Hmm, looks like this is the cockpit we may get someday, if they offer an upgrade:

deluxe-vfr.jpg

Not their top-of-the-line panel, but not the simple one, either.

I was hoping for this:

executive-glass.jpg

But it's better than this:

panel_std_lg.jpg

JVuqw.jpg

The analog tach and oil gauges are a bit odd since all the Carbon Cubs use digital. The VOR and artificial horizon steam gauges are also oddballs since they aren't even an option, but I guess that is to compensate for the poorly implemented glass cockpit that was ripped straight from the ICON. The nav and comm radio stack looks fine. Altimeter and air speed as well. I'd like a VSI and a turn coordinator though...

And before anyone gets confused and excited, this is the static image inside the basic Cub. But presumably this is what the deluxe model would look like presuming a deluxe model ever happens.

Yeah, that is a very non-standard Carbon Cub panel. The owner must have done that after-market!

What kind of Jobs can the Cub access? Just Hamburger Runs, like the RV-6?

Cargo at least going by the screenshot. Which is not mine btw. I'm still on the fence until we hear more about missions and new job types, etc...

Is your card an ATI?

No, an evga gtx550 ti

JVuqw.jpg

The analog tach and oil gauges are a bit odd since all the Carbon Cubs use digital. The VOR and artificial horizon steam gauges are also oddballs since they aren't even an option, but I guess that is to compensate for the poorly implemented glass cockpit that was ripped straight from the ICON. The nav and comm radio stack looks fine. Altimeter and air speed as well. I'd like a VSI and a turn coordinator though...

And before anyone gets confused and excited, this is the static image inside the basic Cub. But presumably this is what the deluxe model would look like presuming a deluxe model ever happens.

How do you move the eyepoint though?

Oh, duh... I didn't even notice the cargo icon.

How do you move the eyepoint though?

You can move it back using the normal eyepoint viewing keys. CTRL-S is back, I think?

But if you intend to fly the Cub a lot, you may want to activate the Screenshot Camera View and permanently move it back to the faux cockpit. Instructions for that can be found here: http://forum.avsim.net/tutorials/article/62-adjusting-your-default-view/

Ctrl-Q is move back. They can all be found under the keybindings. I just tried it on the Redtails Mustang and the Cub cockpit is much higher texture quality. Hopefully that means hopeful things.

Also, this is the sort of layout I'd like to see in the Cub:

ccss_i_06.jpg

VSI on the right and looks like a temp probe on the left. Also a slip indicator on the left under the airspeed. Clearly Cubs don't have to stick to the factory options, but I question the utility of an artificial horizon (as shown in the Flight screenshot) in a VFR only plane.

Well, there's VFR and then there's "bush VFR." :Secret:

If I were going VFR into marginal conditions, I could see it being a potential life-saver if things get bad.

I'd trade it for a VSI in a heartbeat, though.

Well, there's VFR and then there's "bush VFR." :Secret:

If I were going VFR into marginal conditions, I could see it being a potential life-saver if things get bad.

I'd trade it for a VSI in a heartbeat, though.

The weather in Alaska changes so quickly and dramatically, I can't imagine a pilot up there wanting to fly without an AH. You can be in a mountain pass, go around a corner, and be IFR.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS