Sign in to follow this  

Alaska winter morning

A few pictures from a short flight in Flight's Alaska. I just LOVE the shadow system in Flight! Also really like the snow on the runway and the ice on the fourth picture. But those shadows... they are really awesome and make it so much more real.

7455820302_44633f9c43_h.jpg

7455819328_5b8ec16176_h.jpg

7455817992_3834616d02_h.jpg

7455817170_40742d27a1_h.jpg

7455816200_422f3a7079_h.jpg

7455815318_d1598ae902_h.jpg

Nice shots!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

My one landing was on a larger runway and only had slushy snow down the side. I stayed in the clear center. The one in Picture 1 looks pretty messy. Did you notice it affecting the plane's handling?

Have you tried out the midnight sun yet? Dec 23 at Barrow should do the trick. And have you found any DEW Line stations or White Alice antennas?

Nice shot!

One thing though, I don't know if anyone has brought this up before. But in overcast weather as in picture #3, when inside the cockpit, the sun shines through the cloud and produces a glare on the windshield. But if you switch to outside view, no sunbeam penetrates through the cloud.

Wow Jeroen, these shots are great.

I'm really ticked off at my circumstances....I am on Steam, I'm in Canada, and my LiveID is (I believe) listed as American.

This combination basically means I have to wait till Alaska comes out on Steam for me to get it.

Guest Ps762

Hi!

Very nice pics. Many thanks. Mind if I ask how detailed are the airports? Is it like default Fs9/FsX on the ground or are they more indivual?

Many thanks,

Pierre

Very nice...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Very nice Jeroen...now where's Ariel? :wink:

Darryl

such nice pixx! i wish we would have some snow here, but after weeks of rain, finally we have seen some sun ^_^

My one landing was on a larger runway and only had slushy snow down the side. I stayed in the clear center. The one in Picture 1 looks pretty messy. Did you notice it affecting the plane's handling?

Hm, didn't pay attention to that...

Have you tried out the midnight sun yet? Dec 23 at Barrow should do the trick. And have you found any DEW Line stations or White Alice antennas?

Not yet, will do. Er... DEW Line stations or White Alice antennas? I haven't got a clue!

One thing though, I don't know if anyone has brought this up before. But in overcast weather as in picture #3, when inside the cockpit, the sun shines through the cloud and produces a glare on the windshield. But if you switch to outside view, no sunbeam penetrates through the cloud.

I never switch to outside view... :wink:

Very nice pics. Many thanks. Mind if I ask how detailed are the airports? Is it like default Fs9/FsX on the ground or are they more indivual?

It's a mixed bag... Some (a lot) airports are simple strips in the middle of nowhere and some airports have all kind of details. The simple strips outnumber the detailed by far... then again, there are around 500 airports (and 125+ seaplane bases).

Very nice Jeroen...now where's Ariel? :wink:

Who...?

Not yet, will do. Er... DEW Line stations or White Alice antennas? I haven't got a clue!

I got the midnight sun completely backwards. For Alaska anyhow. December would work great for McMurdo Station. So yeah, midnight June 23 or so in Barrow. I suppose you could test the Polar Night at noon in December too.

sage-point-lay-ak_dew-500.jpg

This is a good shot of both a DEW Line station in the foreground and the White Alice tropo antennas in the background on the left.

White Alice: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Alice_Communications_System

DEW Line: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distant_Early_Warning_Line

Sadly, most of them have been demolished. Hopefully some of these iconic relics of the Cold War live on in Flight.