Sign in to follow this  
Knottypine1979

No Alaska Aerocaches or Missions?

I thought I would see these come up right away, but seems I don't have any. A few Alaska challenges appeared, but that's it. How can I get Alaska Missions and Aerocaches?

*Running Steam version, downloaded all DLC this morning from xbox live. Started up Flight when I got home from work. It insalled the 7th of 7 DLC. I exited and restarted Flight to check and still nothing.

I thought I would see these come up right away, but seems I don't have any. A few Alaska challenges appeared, but that's it. How can I get Alaska Missions and Aerocaches?

I'm pretty sure there are no missions.

Also, I think we might have to go out and discover the aerocaches for ourselves (at this point in time). Perhaps the flight team will eventually add them into the menu/UI.

Hi,

My guess is that Aerocaches were at the bottom of the "to do" list. With the promised Spring release of Alaska and being that the absence of aerocaches would in no other way effect the release, it seems likely that they were postponed but will be coming soon.

I'm pretty disappointed but I think they made the right decision. As my interest in Flight was waning, I'd been getting the daily aerocaches by first determining an interesting route, often requiring the use of navaids, and then setting the conditions such as choice of aircraft, weather, and time of day in which to search. The only problem was with the limited time available to locate them I felt some pressure to make the hunt a bit shorter than I would have otherwise.

Jim F.

1200MS is a decent price for a huge new area, but no missions, no lost campers, no spot the wildlife, nothing? Really?

Is landing challenges and an aero cache hunt all we'll get? I hope MS corrects this!

I think it's fairly obvious that there will be Alaska aeros, otherwise they would not have bothered to put Alaska in the aero drop down box.

Fred.

It's also pretty clear that there were supposed to be missions since the release announcement clearly mentioned them (but, no longer.)

If Alaska was so late, we can imagine that the problem was finishing and debugging the missions. These are probably one of the more difficult and complex features to create, so they may have easily gone over schedule.

If so, don't despair. They should show up in the next update.

Best regards.

Luis

Missions for Alaska are coming, folks. I'm sure Aerocaches are too.

It's also pretty clear that there were supposed to be missions since the release announcement clearly mentioned them (but, no longer.)

If Alaska was so late, we can imagine that the problem was finishing and debugging the missions. These are probably one of the more difficult and complex features to create, so they may have easily gone over schedule.

If so, don't despair. They should show up in the next update.

Best regards.

Luis

If that's the case, they really need to work on their communication skills. A simple two sentences on the MS Flight website could have explained that. As it stands that's a pretty deceptive move on their part. Classic bait and switch. Luckily we have a very perceptive community that can pass on the news.

Regardless, it's good news and I hope we'll have missions sometime in the near future.

Missions for Alaska are coming, folks. I'm sure Aerocaches are too.

But will we have to pay for them? Another fiver for those and you're back up towards where people expected to be paying for Alaska, so it's not like that would be the end of the world anyway.

Aero caches they mention on the release on the Flight website, so they will be along in a few days no doubt, but if they had a problem with missions would it kill them to say 'coming soon'?

But will we have to pay for them? Another fiver for those and you're back up towards where people expected to be paying for Alaska, so it's not like that would be the end of the world anyway.

When I saw the unexpectedly low price of Alaska, I had the same thought. I also wonder if they might be planning to bundle Missions with an airplane... either something new or a cockpit upgrade for the Cub.

We can only hope. Also I started a long job with the Maule in Alaska last night of over 300 miles just expecting to exlpore and to use the "skip to waypoint", it never came. It was getting late so I just had to crash into the sea, The passengers were not happy, even after telling them that their seat cushins would make an excellent flotation device! And all I had on was a hawaiian shirt and shorts.