Sign in to follow this  
Ed Kammerman

RC 4.5?

Hi,

I realize that RC5 will possibly either be taking longer or may not even happen. Keep in mind I'm not complaining. However I have a suggestion. How about RC 4.5 with updated phraseology and an updated airline list? I see this as a possible happy medium.

Ed Kammerman

Hi Ed,

That's not going to happen right now. However if you want to know this whole debate about this new ATC program and the problems its having we could have released V5 and had less problems. Make no mistake V5 will come but not right now. If you haven't done so read the thread on AVSIM about the new ATC wannabee program and enjoy RC 4.3. We would never ask our users to beta or alpha test RC, that's our job. Flew KJFK to EHAM yesterday FLAWLESS.

Bob

No I flew that trip with V4.3 and will tomorrow coming back to the US. The beta v5 is not in a condition to make flights without problems. Even in its current alpha/beta conditions it does not have the problems that this new ATC program is experiencing, and we in RC land would never subject our users to this kind of bug infested SW.

Bob

Hi Bob,

I already have RC 4.3. It's just there's so much "stuff" floating about RC5 I just thought I'd put the suggestion out there. If you don't ask, you don't know :) I will wait patiently for RC 5. I've already volunteered to do voices for the new version.

Ed Kammerman

Hi Ed,

That's not going to happen right now. However if you want to know this whole debate about this new ATC program and the problems its having we could have released V5 and had less problems. Make no mistake V5 will come but not right now. If you haven't done so read the thread on AVSIM about the new ATC wannabee program and enjoy RC 4.3. We would never ask our users to beta or alpha test RC, that's our job. Flew KJFK to EHAM yesterday FLAWLESS.

Bob

I love this post, however "this new ATC program" is at least released, yes it has problems at the moment but the developers are communicating with the customers and potential customers with it's progress, unlike the developer of Radar Contact who says nothing about the progress of Radar Contact 5. Many questions have been asked on this forum as to the progress of V5 however it has been met with a wall of silence.

Is everybody suppost to stop progressing with FSX because there is the chance that RC5 will appear, if it ever does. I seem to remember a certain Airbus addon being promised to be released for the FSX but never appeared. A certain 737 was told to be having an update to add navdata which never appeared. There has been no update on the forum and is no mention of it on the JDT website.

Rather then slagging off a new product and trying to promote a product that has not been updated since 2007, why not get JD to make a post giving an update of progress and an expected release date. Then maybe people will be willing to sit tight and wait for RC5 instead of jumping the sinking ship and trying competitors products.

I did that a long time ago, left RC4.3 and went to Proflight Emulator Deluxe, it may be old but at least I can fly SIDS and STARS without being vectored, I am given gate to park at instead of being left at the end of the runway, don't have to fly around the world listening to controllers with US accents everywhere, being told that I am off route because Radar Contact can't keep up with the flight and thinks that I have missed waypoints and it is still being updated.

Rather then slagging off a new product and trying to promote a product that has not been updated since 2007, why not get JD to make a post giving an update of progress and an expected release date. Then maybe people will be willing to sit tight and wait for RC5 instead of jumping the sinking ship and trying competitors products.

I agree, that wasn't nice slamming another FS developer efforts in trying new things. Yea, the other ATC is not up to par yet but it will be. Give it some time. Competition is good.

peace

I hope that JD's statement clears up the many questions on V5 that have been asked for months.

Cheers

I hope that JD's statement clears up the many questions on V5 that have been asked for months.

Not really. It just states for sure that we won't know what's going to happen, whether or not there will be a V5, nor when, for at least another 12 months, added to the two or more years already passed when we also didn't know, but hoped we might be told.

But I was in no real hurry to change from 4.3 in any case.;-)

Best Regards

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I love this post, however "this new ATC program" is at least released, yes it has problems at the moment but the developers are communicating with the customers and potential customers with it's progress, unlike the developer of Radar Contact who says nothing about the progress of Radar Contact 5. Many questions have been asked on this forum as to the progress of V5 however it has been met with a wall of silence.

Is everybody suppost to stop progressing with FSX because there is the chance that RC5 will appear, if it ever does. I seem to remember a certain Airbus addon being promised to be released for the FSX but never appeared. A certain 737 was told to be having an update to add navdata which never appeared. There has been no update on the forum and is no mention of it on the JDT website.

I did that a long time ago, left RC4.3 and went to Proflight Emulator Deluxe, it may be old but at least I can fly SIDS and STARS without being vectored, I am given gate to park at instead of being left at the end of the runway, don't have to fly around the world listening to controllers with US accents everywhere, being told that I am off route because Radar Contact can't keep up with the flight and thinks that I have missed waypoints and it is still being updated.

Can you let me know what the name of this new program is?

Thanks.

Dan Cole

Dan Cole

Thats 12 months from now he will resume coding not complete coding :) it could be years after til its complete.

I meant ProATC could be not RC5. In 12 months there may not be as big a market for RC5