Sign in to follow this  
kmanning

ITVV MD-11 Video

Hi all,

I'm sure most of you have viewed the ITVV MD-11 video from Amsterdam to Palma. I have a question about the loading of the MD-11, flight 341. At the beginning of the video, the dispatcher goes over the flight for the day with Ruud Bakker. I cannot make out some of the things the dispatcher says because her english accent is not very clear. When she discusses the zero fuel weight, she uses the word "from," which does not make any sense. She says we have a zero fuel weight from 164.7, and that's based on 296 passengers and 500 kilograms of cargo. It sounds as though the zero fuel weight will change "to" another value, so why not give the total zero fuel weight? When she says we have a zero fuel weight from 164.7, is that the zero fuel weight for that flight? The dispatcher also discussed the amount of fuel loaded for that flight and from what I can gather, Ruud Bakker says 39.5 tonnes because Ruud and the dispatcher were talking at the same time, and it irritates me for 2 people to talk at the same time. When Ruud Bakker says 39.5 tonnes, is he referring to the amount of fuel for that flight? Also, does this fuel load include the trip back to Amsterdam or did they refuel at Palma? As for the cargo, is 500 kilograms all that was loaded?

At the beginning of the next scene where flight 341 is parked at the Golf Piere at gate 9, Ruud Bakker discusses the FMS and a camera shot of the FMS is shown on the take-off page but the shot is not good at all because it's too far away and I cannot make out the load details on the FMS. I don't have a high definition TV and I was wondering if those of you who has one might be able to make out the load details shown on the FMS in that segment of the video. The information I want are the aircraft's gross weight, the take-off CG, and the ZFW CG. If any of you can make out these details, will you let me know what the values are.

Ken.

About the "from" I can tell you that in Dutch it would be "van" and loosely translated that is "from" in English, its a small mistake of the dispatcher and should have been "of". The rest I would have to watch the DVD again to check...

Hi Ken,

You're quite right in saying that the FMS is shown on the takeoff page, but this page only shows limited information with regards to the weights. The load details you're referring to is displayed on the 2nd page of the Init option. (Weight Init) This page gives you the trip time, route reserves, usable fuel onboard, weights and cg's. Unfortunately by the time that we join Ruud in the cockpit they've already entered all this data and is on the Takeoff page ready for pushback and engine start.

The details on the Takeoff page on the video is as follows: (If my eyes aren't deceiving me)

TAKEOFF EHAM RW19L

FLEX 50 TOCG 28.2 TOGW 203.5 (might be 283.5)

PACKS OFF EPR 1.44

FLAPS 25 STAB 6.0

V1 135 VFR 163

VR 143 VSR / V3 215

V2 153 VCL 250

Hope this helps.

Hi,

The fuel for this flight covers the round trip.

Thankyou Harvester21 , You're a champ! Ironically ,I just flew this route EHAM-LEPA and did the VORDME approach into Rwy 24L, was great fun!