Sign in to follow this  
gigemaggs99

Acceleration ?

I have FSX Deluxe installed along with all my add-on scenery and payware planes. I was wondering if I purchased the Acceleration expansion pack do I need to reinstall everything from scratch or can I just load this Acceleration on top of what I already have?

In the end it wouldn't be more than my time to re-install everything, but I'd like to keep from doing this if at all possible. I've done it in the past and it's a FULL DAY'S work.

The other question I have is when I search on Amazon for example and locate the Acceleration expansion pack it says others who purchased this also purchased FSX GOLD. If FSX GOLD already has the Acceleration pack, why would you buy both? I have the Deluxe version so I assume adding the Acceleration pack would make it equal to the Gold edition, no?

Thank you.

I believe you will need to re-install everything because of a difference in the version of SP2 for FSX that comes with Acceleration. Also doing something that major to FSX I personally would want to do a fresh re-install to make sure everything runs smoothly after. On my system since it's primarily for FSX I would even re-fomat and reinstall Windows. Of course that's just my routine. And you would not need to buy FSX Gold if you already have Deluxe and Acceleration. I have FSX deluxe, but recently bought FSX Gold w/ Acceleration so that I have a back-up copy just in case.

Thanks for listening,

Kail

I believe you will need to re-install everything because of a difference in the version of SP2 for FSX that comes with Acceleration. Also doing something that major to FSX I personally would want to do a fresh re-install to make sure everything runs smoothly after. On my system since it's primarily for FSX I would even re-fomat and reinstall Windows. Of course that's just my routine. And you would not need to buy FSX Gold if you already have Deluxe and Acceleration. I have FSX deluxe, but recently bought FSX Gold w/ Acceleration so that I have a back-up copy just in case.

Ok thanks, so it looks like I just need the Acceleration pack right?

You can uninstall the SPs alone (via your control panel) and then sling acceleration onto FSX Deluxe if you want to. I've doen that before and it worked okay.

A

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

You can uninstall the SPs alone (via your control panel) and then sling acceleration onto FSX Deluxe if you want to. I've doen that before and it worked okay.

A

Ok, thank you sir. I guess I'll see what happens, worst case I have to re-load everything. I've been doing some reading online and the only thing I see so far is to make sure and uninstall SP2 prior to installing Acceleration.

I've got an Acceleration Expansion Pack. $5 and shipping and it's yours if you need one.

Mitch