Sign in to follow this  
Stefan84

Full flight with fuel pumps off

Hello everyone!

I have just done a full flight (FL200) with all fuel pumps OFF. There was no any alert... Is it normal or bug?

I have SP1c installed.

Greatz.

Its normal...The Fuel pump system on the NGX is designed to work without the use of the pumps. I don't think its recommended as a standard practice...haha...but it won't starve your engines of fuel if they are off. Its gravity and pressure driven system...

-Dan Burke-

You would get an alert if you did the Master Caution Recall check which you should do before takeoff and before landing. You do the check by pressing the annunciator button located on eithe side of the glareshield.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Thanks. I understand it, but I don't understand why there is no alert, unless the alerts is a low pressure lights;) Besides it I did not touch the main pneumatic panel and pressurization panel, and everything was ok :) Sorry for my questions, but I'm inexperienced pilot, and these things are not normal for me :)))

Thanks Tom, I will check it tommorow.

Indeed, it will show:

FUEL

* Orest

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

That's called suction feed. Not reccomended to fly without pumps becouse it might not work or take off, climb, descend pitch attitudes and fuel will not get tot the engine.

The pump low pressure lights plus FUEL on master caution are the needed alert to the pilots, the light will be always on if wing pumps are off or in a low pressure condition, and the pilot is responsable if cancel the caution on the master caution. It means that he is aware about that condition.

No more lights are required and no automatic recall is requested as it could be something they want (like in a balancing situation using crossfeed)

Regards

Andrea Daviero