Sign in to follow this  
ApacheHunter

Go-around

I've happily been using FS2Crew for the PMDG NGX for quite a while now, but recently I discovered FS2Crew behaves really strange during go-arounds. I'm using the button control version. Whenever I'm going missed, I tell the FO so by pushing the secondary button, then I press the TO/GA button and quickly after that I tell the FO to set flaps 15. Then I follow the usual climbout procedure, but FS2Crew never gets past the point where the captain calls 'climb thrust'. When I press the main button I can hear the captain say 'climb thrust', but the FO never reacts and then I have to use the down arrow on the FS2Crew panel to skip to flaps retraction part of the procedure. During normal takeoffs everything works just fine!

Can you tell me if I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Kevin Schepers

Order #21788

As nobody has answered so far, could you maybe explain to me in detail the FS2Crew go-around procedures? Maybe I'm doing something wrong!

Hi Kevin,

Not much more to add to the manual. It's pretty simple because it tells you what comes next in the windows.

Are the Bleeds selected to "off" on the departure brief page by chance?

Can you reproduce this a 2nd time?

Go Around Procedures

To initiate a go around, press the the Secondary Button while "Missed Approach" is displayed in the Secondary Display Panel.

Press the Secondary Button again to call for Flaps 15.

The remaining calls and procedures, which are triggered using the Main Button, are identical to those used during a normal climb-out sequence.

No, the bleeds are not set to off.

Yesterday I had the exact same behaviour as described in my first post, but that time during the climb-out. During today's climb-out I suddenly realised that yesterday I started my take-off with the 737 before giving my FO the 'take-off' call. Suddenly, I realised that all my go-arounds were done before reaching the minimums and that this would probably the cause of the weird go-around behaviour of FS2Crew's FO. Is this correct? I'll try to test it tonight.

No luck tonight! I made two go-arounds, but I got the same behaviour as always: I can't get past the point where the captain calls 'climb thrust'. I noticed that when I call 'heading select', 'LNAV' or 'VNAV' nothing happens. The FO doesn't set the MCP accordingly.

No, the bleeds are not set to off.

Yesterday I had the exact same behaviour as described in my first post, but that time during the climb-out. During today's climb-out I suddenly realised that yesterday I started my take-off with the 737 before giving my FO the 'take-off' call. Suddenly, I realised that all my go-arounds were done before reaching the minimums and that this would probably the cause of the weird go-around behaviour of FS2Crew's FO. Is this correct? I'll try to test it tonight.

I will try to around tomorrow. And actually it shouldn't be a matter if you went around at or below DH/MDA, you can execute missed approach procedure at any altitude based on situation.

Good luck to us.

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”