Sign in to follow this  
Florian Schuck

TrackIR in Prepar3D working like back in the old days (teeny tiny tweak that makes the difference)

Hi all,

it seems not a lot people seemed to have noticed AdamFrench's post, probably to an unfortunate choice of topic title.

So all the Kudos goes to Adam!

1. get your hand on a dll editor (use google to find one)

2. open language.dll in Prepar3D root folder

3. under STRING change line No 2 to "Microsoft Flight Simulator X"

That's it!

No extra software, quite a no-brainer, enjoy!

Again, thanks to AdamFrench for figuring this out!

Prepar3D works fine with TIR5 with this change. You don't need to buy extra software.

Get a dll editor. Try resource hacker.

• Back up both the FSX and Prepar3D language.dll files.
  • Open the language.dll files of FSX and Prepar3D in separate dll editor windows.
  • In the FSX language.dll, from the String Table 1 copy the code in the 1033 for lines 2 & 3 and paste it / overwrite it in the corresponding section of the Prepar3D language.dll.
  • Change the code in the Prepared language.dll

2, "Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D®"

3, "Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D®"

to look like the code in the fsx language.dll

2, "Microsoft Flight Simulator X"

3, "Microsoft Flight Simulator"

• Save (compile if required).

It gets trackir 5 working. You can revert to the backup dll when you want. This dll change tells Trackir 5 that the sim is FSX where as before it was finding prepar3D and not accepting it.

I've been trying to get this tiny fix known so thanks to Florian for posting it with a better title. There has been a big forum flame war between LM and Natural Point and the community is stuck between this. It is an amazingly simple oversight which only Natural Point can change because it isn't the job of LM. However, LM did not appear to explain the real circumstances to Natural Point and LM sent them down the wrong path claiming there was no support for Trackir which, as we can see, is false.

i still need a ""....but insofar as blame is concerned re the " flame wars" go. i would guess that LM are legally, and proly legitimately concerned with the use of "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", ANYWHERE in their code, or even the fix seen here.....c'mon guys...these are the folks who brought you the F-35, and F-22Raptor...you really think that LM's HR dept, is hiring code kiddies??

...again re the LM/NP flame wars go, there are no legal constraints in a third party (NP) providing .DLLs...to another third party(LM), so i award the heads-up-yerass prize to the NP guys.

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I did and edit, compile and save the .dll file with Recourse Hacker and P3D is functioning and saying, Microsoft Flight Simulator X on his header now but no luck to get TIR working... Due to these "hack" is was also possible to get FSCopilot/Fsinn installed now but didn't show up.

Any suggestion?

Thx...

Thanks Gents, it works great!

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

I did and edit, compile and save the .dll file with Recourse Hacker and P3D is functioning and saying, Microsoft Flight Simulator X on his header now but no luck to get TIR working... Due to these "hack" is was also possible to get FSCopilot/Fsinn installed now but didn't show up.

Any suggestion?

Thx...

EDIT: Ok, must be a glitch in the TIR software, Re-installed and working now !!!

NEXT STEP: See how to get FSINN working...

simba, that is a topic for another thread. I think I can point you in the right direction. Squawkbox for FSX. There are some settings to fiddle with however, for clarity, lets keep the topic here on trackir.

Very good information. I've been watching P3D for a while, but the lack of native TIR support held me back from buying into it.

Now I believe I will be.

I tried what Florian said and line 2 is the only one that needs to change.

2, "Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D®"

to look like the code in the fsx language.dll

2, "Microsoft Flight Simulator X"

Folks-

I am unable to open the language dll. Using XML editor I get the fault "data in the root level is invalid, line 1, position 1.

An XML editor will not work. Use Resource Hacker which is free.

I am not sure if it will work in 1.4

EDIT: It does work in 1.4

Russ

Many may fly and some are rewarded

handsomely, but the wings of gold of a

United States Naval Aviator mean more

than flying. It is dearly bought, requires

sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

Thanks. Did as suggested and it now works.

I did try those tweaks and never worked for me (using v1.4), is there something (.dll file or a Module) that I should add somewhere with this fix to get it working?

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | Samsung G9 49" Curved Monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.