Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

The sun sets...

on Hawai'i. :sad:

It was lots of fun while it lasted, but all good things come to an end. Shall I ever go back to that tropical paradise? Never say never.

But, right now, I am on final to Shishmaref Airport (on Shishmaref Inlet, naturally :LMAO: )

I'm a little high, but with this baby, I don't really need a lot of runway and can land on any part of it, preferably close to the hangar.

By the way, I prefer a working panel, like you, but the bitmap is sufficiently detailed so that I don't mind too much flying this way.

A nice soft landing for my first try in Alaska and on the snow.

Not really easy to see over the cowl, like all these tail wheel airplanes.

TrackIR? TrackIR? Nah, I just stick my head out the window with the mouse.

Park it next to the hangar and go for a beer at the local pub.

By the way, it's 30 degrees here - Celsius :LMAO: (that's about 80 degrees for all the metrically-challenged) and I've got my shirt off! Sure glad I'm doing this flying in front of a monitor. Big%20Grin.gif

Best regards.

Luis

The sun only sets on Hawaii if Microsoft is foolish and develops no further content for it. Don't forget those currently unattainable awards, either.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

It was lots of fun while it lasted, but all good things come to an end. Shall I ever go back to that tropical paradise? Never say never.

Some people may be stuck in Hawai'i, say on The Big Island, with only an Icon or Stearman to keep them occupied! Call me Corrupted (installation, Flight will now close!), but I'll leave the light(houses) lit up should anyone want to come back and visit...

It's a shame you have to resort to that kind of flying because a decent VC wasn't produced... :fool:

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2