Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

We need bush planes and cabins...

I paid for points with a cc in the past. When I wanted to buy Alaska I got the option to pay with the already registered cc or points. Maybe this was your first purchase and you didn't yet have a cc registered on GFWL...?

You can change the default locations by going to the settingspage in GFWL.

Yes, this was my first purchase, so next time maybe... this logic could be improved by MS for sure!

I've been to the Settings page and not found anything.. sorry to be so dense,

but can you walk me through it?

Bert

I paid for points with a cc in the past. When I wanted to buy Alaska I got the option to pay with the already registered cc or points. Maybe this was your first purchase and you didn't yet have a cc registered on GFWL...?

You can change the default locations by going to the settingspage in GFWL.

I almost bought It yesterday, and I got the same problem. Only option for me was the ms points. I have already bought Hawaii and the Maule and my credit card Is registered. I was only gonna buy It to compare Ketcigan airport with Orbx Ketcigan Airport. But someone put up screenshots of It so I didn't have too buy.

I've been to the Settings page and not found anything.. sorry to be so dense,

but can you walk me through it?

Sorry for not answering sooner. What I called GFWL actually is the Games for Windows Marketplace client: it's a seperate program in my Start menu. Start it up, log in and go to Settings (I have three tabs: Marketplace, Downloads and Settings). I've got a Dutch version but the entry for DLC is called Game add-ons Directory. That's the one. It's the 4th entry under Install management.

Sorry for not answering sooner. What I called GFWL actually is the Games for Windows Marketplace client: it's a seperate program in my Start menu. Start it up, log in and go to Settings (I have three tabs: Marketplace, Downloads and Settings). I've got a Dutch version but the entry for DLC is called Game add-ons Directory. That's the one. It's the 4th entry under Install management.

Thanks Jeroen!

That did it! I found the entry, changed it to my Flight Drive, and got the option to un-install my downloads to date -

which I reluctantly did, and am busy re-downloading Hawaii and Alaska as I write this.

Maybe those instructions should be in a pinned Tips&Tricks topic at the top of the forum..

Bert

Spoke too soon... Now Flight will not start up anymore.

Not sure I want to un-install the whole thing and re-download yet more time - but do not know what else

I can do to recover...

Bert

Bert, welcome to the club!

Try my workaround until MS can figure out the bug. I have Flight on my drive E:, but the DLC was going onto my drive C: I switched thing in the GFWM to point to drive E: and kept getting the corrupted error message. Tried downloading through GFWM and from inside Flight. Any time I got any DLC I got the error message. Uninstalling the DLC got Flight working again. Finally made a new folder back on drive C:, though not the same as what was originally listed and Flight is now a happy camper, with all DLC installed and available.

My guess is that there is something in the Live and/or GFWM that is messing things up and MS needs to debug what it is. So which ever drive you had the DLC on to begin with, reinstall there and see if Flight works. I need to get back to Loki at MS support on my trials and tribulations, hoping it helps them find the bug so that they can squish it with a BIG hammer!

OK, I may have to do that.... right now, I am re-downloading Flight itself... that may or may not work...

Bert

Hmm... Come to think of it, there seems to be a landing strip of sorts missing here. An HQ of some kind, west of Ketchikan.2012-6-29_20-24-31-216.jpg

Cabins would be great, but not autogen generated. Animals and some static aircraft would be nice too. If it's not too much to ask, maybe some ambient sound when the engine is off? I'm hoping they add missions for Alaska that involve landing in some interesting areas.

OK, I may have to do that.... right now, I am re-downloading Flight itself... that may or may not work...

Update... you were right... had to reset the Download Games directory to a spot on the C:

drive and things started working again.

Re-installed Flight, Alaska, Maule, and right now downloading Hawaii..

This is a bug, big time! Anything but the C: drive and nothing works any more..

Flight itself is on my H: drive, but the DLC has to be on the C: drive.

:sad:

Bert

I was able to get all my DLC off my C: drive and onto my F: drive. It was not a straigtforward process, and I don't remember what all I had to do, but it finally worked. I do know you have to point your GFWL to the folder you want the DLC to be in, and I believe I moved the DLC manually and deleted it from the original location. I know this process is documented somewhere, although I don't remember how well it worked for me at the time.

I'm posting just to let you know that it is indeed possible.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I do know you have to point your GFWL to the folder you want the DLC to be in, and I believe I moved the DLC manually and deleted it from the original location. I know this process is documented somewhere, although I don't remember how well it worked for me at the time.

Yes, that's what I did too to get the DLC from my old hard drive to my SSD. I made a backup of all DLC, changed the path on the settings window, said 'whatever' when the program told me that change meant I had to redownload everything, I then copied my DLC backup into the new destination, started Flight and everything was there instantly, without having to download things again. (Flight uses the DLC directly from the DLC folder). I downloaded Alaska last week and everything went straight to that SSD too.

Sorry for not adding these steps in my previous replies... I already posted this a few times elsewhere and then you tend to forget to add details like this because they have become 'logical' for you...

OK.. I tried that and... it worked!

GFWL seems to think I do not have these add-ons installed any more (if I look in the Downloads tab),

but Flight runs just fine!

Thanks - we do need a Tips and Tricks pinned topic for Flight..

Bert

OK.. I tried that and... it worked!

GFWL seems to think I do not have these add-ons installed any more (if I look in the Downloads tab),

but Flight runs just fine!

Thanks - we do need a Tips and Tricks pinned topic for Flight..

Glad that it (finally) worked.

About the tips and tricks: we have a Tutorial section on AVSIM. I just posted a tutorial about this:

http://forum.avsim.n...d-it-all-again/

I will add a link to the tutorial section in my Welcome topic, because not everyone knows we have a tutorial section.

About the tips and tricks: we have a Tutorial section on AVSIM. I just posted a tutorial about this:

http://forum.avsim.n...d-it-all-again/

Sweet! All I had to do was "Pin" it to keep it up at the top for awhile. :Nerd:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator