Sign in to follow this  
abh_jc_03

best add on sound package

Haha, you have a point there on the 2001 movie, Alan. But I love the way they've coped with the realistic downside of having no sounds. Tons of classic music in between. Sounds and huge explosions plus fires in space, seems like we've already got used to that (from other films) while the real stuff would need some special circumstances to allow for that boom and shine.

I guess it's the same as with exploding cars. You bump into another one while trying to park, big explosion. :shok: Guess that makes us cautious while parking, huh?

I own the PMDG 747-4, 747-8, 737 NGX 600-900, LVD 767, CS 707,Wilco ERJ 134-145, Carenado F33, FLT1 Super 80 pro and Airbus X.

You are on the right track, some of those planes already come with an 'addon' sound set. Is there a special plane in your lineup you'd like to enhance? As Alan points out, some of them may already use stuff from addon sound devs like TSS or are already well done by the plane devs.

As said, it could be a good practise to buy where you can test the new investment. Just to avoid that the new sound impression isn't any better, but only different and perhaps not suiting your preferences.

Yup, evidently all cars which crash in movies seem to have a BLU-27 napalm cannister on the back seat. :LMAO:

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Sonic solutions soundset for the Dehavilland DHC-6, and the Beech 58 are done very well, makes those aircraft sound wonderful. As far as the Jet sound packs, have no experience with them, I dont particularly like flying the big jets.

Mr. Cap's endorsement of a head shake I disagree with, Sonics products are working well, for the type of flying I enjoy.

The three I have in mind I'd like to try is the LVLD 767, Airbus X, and FLT1 Super 8o Pro. I guess 20 bucks isn't really alot of money if it doesn't work out but I would have to do some investigating on youtube to listen to live engine sounds to see whats realistic and what's not.

Josh Scholl

Is the Airbus X that bad on the sounds? Well, those three planes you've mentioned should allow some variety of sound devs due to their common engine setup. So I'd say you will have more than one sound dev to choose from on any of them.

If you find some nice videos to compare, please feel free to post their links here. I'm interested too, just for the fun of it. This one sounds nice on the A320 CFM. http://www.turbineso...irbus-320-fsx-2 It also features some VC impression at takeoff and climb.

Another A320 CFM set. http://secure.simmar...-soundset.phtml

And there's one from Synchro-Soft, but no video. SYNCHRO-SOFT - CFM56-5B SOUNDSET Edited. I guess the Synchro-Soft is for FS2004. So it doesn't count.

So that makes three different payware sets on the A320 CFM case alone. Not to forget some freeware, which could also offer a nice setup. I guess your initial question was spot on. :smile: However, it's hard to decide on a general basis.

I will take a look and see what I can find. I like the roar of the engines and it sounds more like a high whine. The soundpack I have for the t-45C Goshawk sounds awesome although it is a different engine in all, still sounds amazing. Just like a real Goshawk sounds. I worked with them in the Navy.

Josh Scholl

And I think you are stressing that good sounds do a lot on an addon. On the example cases from the above post (A320 CFM), I'd go for the TSS set if you are really disappointed by the Airbus X. Although I recall the 'default' sounds on that one being pretty good.

Besides, am I the only one listening to music while flying? Nail%20Biting.gif

And a tip. When looking for some major improvement on especially GA planes, search for A2A'S Accu-Feel. That one is super cheap and rocks. Your Carenado plane will feel like new for example. Means the sounds of course plus a bit of physics like shaking at near stall speed.

I think the Airbus X default sounds are pretty good. I have the TSS Airbus soundpacks but I still use the ones from Aerosoft.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad