Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

FlightZone ORBX KPDX in FSX Rewind

First I'd like to say thank you to everyone who made this posible.

4081.jpg

2562.jpg

This was easy to do. Simply follow these two links and you too can have a fully operational KPDX with ORBX PNW.

http://www.myflightsimblog.com/MyFlightSimBlog/KPDX.html

You need Google Translate

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pilote-virtuel.com%2Fviewtopic.php%3Fpid%3D437165

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Looks pretty good!

How is the fps with the FS9 scenery?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It's 'ok', Ryan - your 4.4 will handle it fine. The issue with the PDX package is the shorelines it creates that swarm all over the Puget Sound area - basically the PNW. FZone02 had this problem when it was current - in FS9, and the problem is still there. Secondly - inn DX9 - there's a fair amount of flashing on the taxyways. I haven't tried this one in DX10 mode yet.

I have been using this scenery - both SEA and PDX for a number of years now - yes it's that old - and it keeps popping up (mostly by me), but generally SEA only, as it is great, works well in FSX, and even works in DX10 Preview!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I too notice the gorund textures bleed thru and the other airports (Troutdale/Hillsboro) have buildings on the runway.

If you follow rhe bottom link you will be able to set up just KDPX and keep all the other airports as ORBX defaults.

As for fps, the ORBX PNW is very hard on performance. But with a little tweaking, it's acceptable.

I too notice the gorund textures bleed thru and the other airports (Troutdale/Hillsboro) have buildings on the runway.

Yeah I tried this port sometime last year and the bleed thru annoyed me enough that I couldn't take it anymore. Too bad since I spent some time fixing the transparency issues in Arno's tool and had it looking and performing well after converting the models to FSX but if there's one thing I can stand is texture bleed thru on the ground.

I was hoping since FSDT started Vancouver wanting to get in on the PNW popularity that they would have done KPDX first. I've always felt that the Flightzone KPDX was one of the best FS9 sceneries to ever come out and a native FSX version is dearly missed. To bad Vauchez got out of FS developement.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

This seems very interesting, but as I donm't have the original I'd have tio buy it. Shelling out close to 30 Euros for an experiment seems like a waste, especially considering the fact that I'm pretty much GA around PNW only lately. But, it's nice that this merge exists. I do hope a native KPDX and KSEA will once upon a time be made available.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

This seems very interesting, but as I donm't have the original I'd have tio buy it. Shelling out close to 30 Euros for an experiment seems like a waste, especially considering the fact that I'm pretty much GA around PNW only lately. But, it's nice that this merge exists. I do hope a native KPDX and KSEA will once upon a time be made available.

I wouldn't waste the money to experiment if I were you, since the merge isn't completely perfect and requires some model conversion and leg work to make it work well. The only reason I tried it was since I had the FS9 version already. The only FS9 to FSX conversion I used that actually worked pretty well was the one someone posted a while back to merge the FlyTampa KMIA to work in FSX, but I still ended up having to convert a lot of the models to FSX and fix a boat load of transparency issues. That was another conversion I never would have shelled out the money to try had I not had the FS9 version laying around.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yeah I have been through this too. The conversion in the link is not complete. As mentioned transparency issues are still a problem if you inspect it closely. (look at the trees, streetlamps, the multi deck car park for example) I have been through and used the tool Sean mentioned with some success. And I also can't seem to get rid of the ground poly bleedthrough wither. It's close and it's defintely useable.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

There are some objects that blink, but those can be removed. I was able to use the second link to get rid of the bleedthrough as well as set it up to use only KPDX and not the other airports. It's all in the bottom link.

It's not perfect, but it's much better than the default.

3823.jpg

7474.jpg

2295.jpg

2496.jpg

6767.jpg

4608.jpg

I took all the pictures for Vauchez for KTTD for that scenery I sure do miss it was the best for FS9.

Jose - it looks as though the second 'fix' is better: I've downloaded Chris's posts and will setup per his second solution. From your pics I can't see any double shorelines.. - did this fix that issue?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Jose - it looks as though the second 'fix' is better: I've downloaded Chris's posts and will setup per his second solution. From your pics I can't see any double shorelines.. - did this fix that issue?

Yes. Just read and go through deleting all the files and creating the new scenery folder. It fixes pretty much the entire airport. There are a couple of minor issues, but I'm confident that a solution can be found.

It's a tough read, isn't it!!! I've already been through it since the post, and ended up with trees everywhere, and 5 fps!! Ya gotta love Google translator.. Have to try, though. PDX is a very nice-looking airport.

It's a tough read, isn't it!!! I've already been through it since the post, and ended up with trees everywhere, and 5 fps!! Ya gotta love Google translator.. Have to try, though. PDX is a very nice-looking airport.

Hang in there. Take it one step at a time.

First install KPDX to the ficticious fs9. Then remove all the files and then apply the fix.

Then I removed:

- All: pdx-field (7)

- All: pdx-ground (19)

- Pdx-dirtsrwyCv2

- Pdx-dirtsrwyEv2

- Pdx-dirtsrwyWv2

Then follow the second set of instructions #43 by Chris. This is where you will remove the rest of the files and create the additional scenery folder.