Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

FlightZone ORBX KPDX in FSX Rewind

AAaaah.. I installed the SC and then went straight into the second set of instructions, ignoring the first. OK - I'm just in the middle of removing the first, ala' the "old way'... Thanks for the tip, Jose!. You DA MAN - don't go away!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

In the meantime, PDX itself has changed. There's a beautiful new multi-story Port of Portland admin building between the tower and the parking garage, and several runways have been extended, with their attendant changes in taxiways. Still, it looks better than default.

Are there any other payware addons for KPDX that is compitable with Orbx?

Are there any other payware addons for KPDX that is compitable with Orbx?

Nope. Still blows my mind that we still don't have a proper FSX payware KSEA and KPDX. Pretty obvious that they would be instant top sellers. I'm reminded of this every time I fly since FSCaptain always gives me a flight to KPDX....

I guess we can't thanks the folks enough for their efforts. Being in the same situation as Benjamin (I don't own the FS9 scenery), I still applaud to the project, giving some folks a nice and free airport rendition in FSX.

All is good, Jose, but somehow - I'm sitting 5 or 6 feet above any runway...... The default should be 17.99 feet - I have ADE, but I no idea how to fix it - or where the issue lies. Any ideas?

Just some additional feedback - it's fine in DX10 - no height difference, very smooth, still using the ORBX Portland City+a goodly amount of MTX54a traffic. No extra shorelines.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

All is good, Jose, but somehow - I'm sitting 5 or 6 feet above any runway...... The default should be 17.99 feet - I have ADE, but I no idea how to fix it - or where the issue lies. Any ideas?

Just some additional feedback - it's fine in DX10 - no height difference, very smooth, still using the ORBX Portland City+a goodly amount of MTX54a traffic. No extra shorelines.

We are going to need the expertise of others. I hope other knowledgable members could also help elliminate the decend and maintain zero during an approach.

I hope we can make this airport the best it can be.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

We are going to need the expertise of others. I hope other knowledgable members could also help elliminate the decend and maintain zero during an approach.

Do you have this problem too???

Do you have this problem too???

Wheels on the runway, ALT reads 22ft.

Man, I wish Flytampa guys would do the Seattle for FSX. I tried using it in FSX.. the airport elevation issue has been tough one to solve.. Just like Vienna.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hey Manny! The converted FT SEA works just fine, only issue is it's Summer season. Don't know whether that could be fixed, but I suspect so, depending upon what it was when it was moved into FSX. No probs with elevation, either, and it fits right into the ORBX PNW. Been using it for a couple of years now.

With Flghtzone 1 and 2, I installed them both.. Then I removed all the *tree*.bgls. I then added my own trees using F1 Instant scenery to get back the trees lost. Not sure if I had to elevate the airport or not... But it looks reasonably good. The runway textures seem to work reasonable... only when I land and and am at the end of the runway I see the default runway texture pop up. I can live with that. The important thing for me is, when landing to approach I get to see the awesome FS9 runway textures. I loathe the default runway textures. I'd take the flashing texture over the default textures.

I thought I had solved the KSEA aiport on my old FSX box.. But now, when I moved/reinstall on my new build, I am having a very difficult time with KSEA.

Manny

Hey Manny! The converted FT SEA works just fine, only issue is it's Summer season. Don't know whether that could be fixed, but I suspect so, depending upon what it was when it was moved into FSX. No probs with elevation, either, and it fits right into the ORBX PNW. Been using it for a couple of years now.

Paul, is the KSEA runway textures default textures or the default textures?

Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Aaah... no - I haven't had the runways flashing or popping with DSx 9 or 10. Now this is a 2011 package, so it could well be different from that which you and I played with a few years back... Here's the Readme from it. They're likely the default FSX runways - or REX, whatever, as the sea runways are removed, I think..

I tried the proposed fix. I still have the same bleed thru issue sitting at rwy 28. Maybe if someone can translate or be more precise on what needs to get done to make this work.

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

There's a new KSEA being developed. This could be what we've been waiting for:

http://www.3-dev.com/

When I look at FlightZone KPDX is FS9, and all the great detail, it hurts to see it in FSX incomplete.