Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

FlightZone ORBX KPDX in FSX Rewind

There's a new KSEA being developed. This could be what we've been waiting for:

http://www.3-dev.com/

When I look at FlightZone KPDX is FS9, and all the great detail, it hurts to see it in FSX incomplete.

I was excited to see KSAN in there as well..but the quality is so poor. Its like FS8 sceneries

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Like other posters in this thread, I'm pretty shocked to see developers haven't jumped on building a new PDX yet. It's wanted by a large population of simmers. You can tell by all the posts about trying to merge the old one into FSX.

Hang in there. Take it one step at a time.

First install KPDX to the ficticious fs9. Then remove all the files and then apply the fix.

Then I removed:

- All: pdx-field (7)

- All: pdx-ground (19)

- Pdx-dirtsrwyCv2

- Pdx-dirtsrwyEv2

- Pdx-dirtsrwyWv2

Then follow the second set of instructions #43 by Chris. This is where you will remove the rest of the files and create the additional scenery folder.

I'm at a lost here. In #43 what files are being removed? I added and extra scenery folder with the orbx files. But are we to remove more files from the flightzone02 scenery folder?

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Like other posters in this thread, I'm pretty shocked to see developers haven't jumped on building a new PDX yet

Yeah agreed. ORBX basically said it would take one of their devs over a year to do a major field like KPDX and they weren't up for it (which is why they didn't do YSSY yet)

Props to Jose for making that second link available (and props to the French dude who sussed it out) I use FlightZone KPDX in FSX, and the only issue I can be bothered with is the shorelines..I followed the first fix fine a while back..Now to do the second fix (and re-enable KPDX yay!)

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Props to Jose for making that second link available (and props to the French dude who sussed it out)

and the only issue I can be bothered with is the shorelines..I followed the first fix fine a while back..Now to do the second fix (and re-enable KPDX yay!)

I hafta say - I must be doing something wrong, need better glasses, hone up my French-English, or something.. Jose makes it all sound so simple - BUT I've done this conversion about eight or ten times in the last two - three days, and it still comes out with flashing runways/taxyways, and I have no idea where I go wrong - so for me - it's abandoned once again.

The fix for the shorelines appears to be achieved by renaming the HP915150_FZ02_PA.bgl. It gets rid of 99% of them, but I have no clue as to what else it might impact.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I believe I have found a decent working KPDX. I'm almost done improving the original AFCAD and once I'm done I'll post everything I've done. I will be happy to share the AFCAD with everyone interested.

FlightZone had done something really special with their rendition of this area. It was one of FS9s finest moments, at least for me. I was never there for REX for FS9, but I'm sure it was a major leap.

It's SO sad that FSDT or FlyTampa have not attemted this project. They are the pinnacle of airport developers and I hope that one day KPDX is a consideration.

FLYTAMPA, please reboot Seattle! LOL It's a gem in FS9.

I hafta say - I must be doing something wrong, need better glasses, hone up my French-English, or something.. Jose makes it all sound so simple - BUT I've done this conversion about eight or ten times in the last two - three days, and it still comes out with flashing runways/taxyways, and I have no idea where I go wrong - so for me - it's abandoned once again.

The fix for the shorelines appears to be achieved by renaming the HP915150_FZ02_PA.bgl. It gets rid of 99% of them, but I have no clue as to what else it might impact.

NO, don't do it. I'll post everything soon, unless you want what I've already done?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Ok Jose! I will look forward to it! (As will everyone else).. You will soon be up there with ******* Altuve! (Are you and he related??) :LMAO:

Seriously man - over the years I have built and rebuilt that scenery, - never really successfully because of the flashing rwys, and I'm just not smart enough in the right areas of IT, I guess.. A big "Thank you" in advance!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Ok Jose! I will look forward to it! (As will everyone else).. You will soon be up there with ******* Altuve! (Are you and he related??) :LMAO:

Seriously man - over the years I have built and rebuilt that scenery, - never really successfully because of the flashing rwys, and I'm just not smart enough in the right areas of IT, I guess.. A big "Thank you" in advance!

This should work for you and everyone else. This assumes you have ORBX PNW with the latest patch & libs.

This is what I've done so far.....

Let me begin by asking you to create a "FlightZone KPDX Correction" folder. Then create a "Scenery" folder inside that one.

Put the following BGL files, located in the ORBX FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY folder into the "Scenery" folder:

YOU ARE MOVING THE FILES

ADE_FTX_PNW_KHIO_Portland-Hillsboro.bgl

ADE_FTX_PNW_KHIO_Portland-Hillsboro_CVX.bgl

ADE_FTX_PNW_KPDX_Portland_Intl_CVX.bgl

ADE_FTX_PNW_KTTD_Portland-Troutdale.bgl

ADE_FTX_PNW_KTTD_Portland-Troutdale_CVX.bgl

ADE_FTX_PNW_KVUO_Vancover.bgl

ADE_FTX_PNW_KVUO_Vancover_CVX.bgl

FTX_PNW_objects_KHIO_PLC.bgl

FTX_PNW_objects_KTTD_PLC.bgl

FTX_PNW_objects_KVUO_PLC.bgl

Now DELETE the following BGL files located in the FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY. (TIP back these up first just in case in want to go back.)

FTX_PNW_objects_KPDX_PLC.bgl

ADE_FTX_PNW_KPDX_Portland_Intl.bgl

________________________________________________________________________________

Next step is to create a "FlightZone KPDX." Inside this folder you should create the Scenery and Texture folder.

For now I would just copy all oroginal Textures "about one million of them" into the "texture" folder inside "FlightZone KPDX."

These are the only "Scenery" BGL files I kept from the original FlightZone KPDX install:

AFX_KPDX.BGL (This one is from FlightZone_02Patch_for_FSX update)

exantennas

Exclusion (This one is from FlightZone_02Patch_for_FSX update)

FS_marshaller

fs_towers

FSX Trees (This one is from FlightZone_02Patch_for_FSX update)

fz02_APkpdx_wk6

fz02_custom_objv4

fz02mainexclude

fz02-marina01

FZ02xmlobjects

jetwayspart2

nwend-test

pdx_buildpt11

pdx_buildptFlCft

pdx_buildpttwr

pdx_buildptUSmail

pdx_buildsouth01v2

pdx_buildsouth02v2

pdx_buildsouth03v2

pdx_buildspt8

pdx_buildspt9v2

pdx_grass01

pdx_grass02

pdx_grass03

pdx_grass04

pdx_grass05

pdx_grass06

pdx_grass07

pdx_grillstermend

pdx_stoppt1

pdx_stoppt2

pdx_stoppt3

PDX_TermAv2

PDX_TermCDv2

PDX_TermCtrv2

PDX_TermEawn

PDX_termlamps03

PDX_TermspirLR

PDX_twredpoles

PDX_xmlPolesA

pdx-atccars01

pdx-atccars02

pdx-atcpoles01b

pdx-dirtgates

pdx-dirtsrwyCv2

pdx-dirtsrwyEv2

pdx-dirtsrwyWv2

PDXJetways

pdx-termdetgar_hr

pdx-termdettCD_hr

pdx-termdettend_hr

pdx-termdettwr_hr

pdx-termlabels

planes

superpostpanamax

termlamps_mdl

That's it for the "Scenery" folder. Copy "FlightZone KPDX Correction" & "FlightZone KPDX" folder to "Addon Scenery

folder and activate in FSX above ORBX scenery.

FlightZone KPDX Correction

FlightZone KPDX

FTXAA_AIRPORTS

I'm working on improving the original AF2_KPDX.BGL file. It fixes the ATC and adds some lights etc. I hope I can share this file legally. I'm not sure if AVSIM will allow an upload.

However the above files should work without my fix.

6476.jpg

Even though I kept these original files, I went ahead and removed them from the scenery folder:

fz02_APkpdx_wk6

fz02_custom_objv4

fz02mainexclude

fz02-marina01

FZ02xmlobjects

What current version is OBRX NW on? I think there has only been 1 patch correct?

What current version is OBRX NW on? I think there has only been 1 patch correct?

1 patch? nooooooo..... The latest is Patch SP005 for the PNW, plus at least 13 iterations of the library - the last one being 120509.

I haven't checked in the last few days, so someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Trees... all over the area to the north-east and south-east of the intersections of 28L and 10..

I removed the FSX_Trees.bgl, but no difference - they're still there, Jose. One thing, though - the runways are perfect! No Flashing!

One step forward.. another step b..... =@

Fixed! One has to remember to add the Correction folder to FSX, as it has the KPDX_CVX bgl sitting there....

Life is Good once again.

Duh! :Thinking:

Fixed! One has to remember to add the Correction folder to FSX, as it has the KPDX_CVX bgl sitting there....

Life is Good once again.

Duh! :Thinking:

I'm still trying to improve things. Deleting more bgls, adding fenses, lighting, etc. Now I understand what developers go through. LOL

Yeah - It seems all of the pdx-ground bgls 1 through 6 or 7 are the causes of the flashing. I put all of the pdx-details back, which created all of the missing detail to the east of the airport. That detail sits on the photo-scenery "skin" which gives it the life - XXX'ing the ground bgl's one at a time brought back the default ground starting at the west end, but in strange, jagged sections. It seems all of the ground from around 7 can be left in, along with the detail.

The problem (as I see it!!) is "how does one get rid of the default ground?" Why can one see it showing through?? I am not a scenery developer, and, aside from a rudimentary knowledge of ADE, know nothing about fixing this. I can delete files ok!