Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

FlightZone ORBX KPDX in FSX Rewind

I'm using 1.3 as well, same one Paul has.

When you drop the bgl in that you want to work with you might need to cycle thru the different models/objects that are in the bgl. Some bgl's might have just one object, but others might include jetways, light poles, fences, etc. Once you find the object you want to fiddle with then you can open the materials tab and check the transparencies and fix them. Unfortunately I dont have the scenery unpacked and installed at this time, but if you try again step by step it should work. BTW, which part of it didn't work? I should have asked you that first.

Sean,

Thanks for your help.

I'm having trouble figuring out how to fix the bleeding.

Here's an example:

I open ModelConverterX 1.3. Import PDXJetways.bgl. Then I hit enter 27 times. I see a picture of the jetway. Then I open Material editor. To the left there are 4 files. One of them is is Jetwaytex. To the right I see Alpha test and three rows underneath that. After I SET DEFAULT TRANSPARENT, there's no option to scroll down the parameters and set DOUBLED SIDED = TRUE. That ifo is not there. I see Never, less, equal etc. Not double sided.

What do I need to look for with this version?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Sean,

Thanks for your help.

I'm having trouble figuring out how to fix the bleeding.

Here's an example:

I open ModelConverterX 1.3. Import PDXJetways.bgl. Then I hit enter 27 times. I see a picture of the jetway. Then I open Material editor. To the left there are 4 files. One of them is is Jetwaytex. To the right I see Alpha test and three rows underneath that. After I SET DEFAULT TRANSPARENT, there's no option to scroll down the parameters and set DOUBLED SIDED = TRUE. That ifo is not there. I see Never, less, equal etc. Not double sided.

What do I need to look for with this version?

Ok, looks like you are doing everything right. You click on the "alpha" radio button the scroll down and on the right side you should see the Set Default Transparent area where you can change it from False to True. Here's a pic of what it looks like on mine. BTW, its'a a paint to have to hit ok 27 times, lol. Good thing there are not more objects in that bgl.

Tell me if this helps.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

DJ,

Firstly, thanks again for this fix, I'm implementing it as we speak to fly my newly purchased Lancair legacy (thanks for the glowing reviews of this too)

This should work for you and everyone else. This assumes you have ORBX PNW with the latest patch & libs.

A couple of questions, if you don't mind?

Did you run this with PNW enabled or disabled in FTXCentral? I see you are moving some ORBX bgl's..

Also, I'm guessing your procedures above replicate but supercede the original procedures on myflightsimblog and the French guys posts?

Do i still need to follow those instructions? Do I still need to run the FZ FSX patch and then run your fix? I'm guessing no to both, as your folder structure doesn't resemble theirs. Best to check, though..Assuming makes an &@($* out of u and me as my old divemaster used to say..

I have my "default" FlightZone folders in my dummy FS9 folder. I just start at your post #38 and go from there?

I'm not really brave enough to start editing bgl files and the like..I might start that with a smaller, default FSX airport!

Thanks, DJ..I love this scenery but the coastlines really get to me..

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Jake - go looking for HP915150_FZ02_PA.bgl and stick "XXX" on the end, so that it's not a bgl anymore. Doing this stopped it on my system, but I haven't heard of anyone else fixing it, and I haven't shared this 'find'. Try it and let us know your experience.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

DJ,

Firstly, thanks again for this fix, I'm implementing it as we speak to fly my newly purchased Lancair legacy (thanks for the glowing reviews of this too)

A couple of questions, if you don't mind?

Did you run this with PNW enabled or disabled in FTXCentral? I see you are moving some ORBX bgl's..

Also, I'm guessing your procedures above replicate but supercede the original procedures on myflightsimblog and the French guys posts?

Do i still need to follow those instructions? Do I still need to run the FZ FSX patch and then run your fix? I'm guessing no to both, as your folder structure doesn't resemble theirs. Best to check, though..Assuming makes an &@($* out of u and me as my old divemaster used to say..

I have my "default" FlightZone folders in my dummy FS9 folder. I just start at your post #38 and go from there?

I'm not really brave enough to start editing bgl files and the like..I might start that with a smaller, default FSX airport!

Thanks, DJ..I love this scenery but the coastlines really get to me..

Jake,

A lot has happened. Thanks to Sean I was able to fix bleeding textures on most objects. I will have the full details once we figure out how to avoid the bleeding ground textures.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for that. So, that is in addition to DJ's fix or do I do that with the original two fixes? (and the FSX patch obv.) It's getting a trifle confusing!

I've totally removed it again, now, and am about to do a re-install into my dummy FS9 folder..I'm going to just do as DJ says from there, and then look for the file you talk about - assuming DJ's fix doesn't use it - I can't scroll back a page now so can't see which files he copies over, but if it isn't one of them, presumably the shorelines will be gone anyway.

Thanks for all your hard work, guys...I love modders..I haven't got the time any more; I would spend all my time tinkering in 3ds max rather than flying if I allowed myself to get back into that kind of stuff :)

Jake,

A lot has happened. Thanks to Sean I was able to fix bleeding textures on most objects. I will have the full details once we figure out how to avoid the bleeding ground textures.

DJ, I was posting as you posted. I will wait. I'm off to fly the Lancair in Canada while I wait...

I love you guys :Big Grin:

JAKE EYRE
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Yes - Orbx is enabled, but FZ02 includes the HIO, TTD and VOU airfields, too - so by putting the those Orbx versions in a folder and pushing it above FS02 PDX in the Scenery Library - the OrbX airfields will show, and not the FZ02 versions.

So, that is in addition to DJ's fix or do I do that with the original two fixes?

The original fixes are now ignored - gone, this is Jose's version, and it works beautifully - but not all objects are included at this point. If you have followed the original 'Fix" download, you will have a modified 'HP915150_FZ02_PA.bgl 'somewhere' - either in the \addon scenery\fz02\scenery folder or down in the Scenery\World\Scenery - I don't remember which - but that's the one I disabled, and voila! They were gone.

I'm going to just do as DJ says from there, and then look for the file you talk about - assuming DJ's fix doesn't use it -

Correct - he doesn't use any of those. All he's doing is inhibiting the other three airports with the "Correction' folder, then copying only the pdx files that he - or you need for a basic PDX with ORBX 'other' fields.

What I've done is to add back in the detail and ground bgl's, and now we're both working toward these updated files being included in a more full package - one that will look almost exactly like the original. I having a hard time with the runway ends - the default end shows, whereas the rest of the runway and ground is just fine. Unfortunately, Jose is the smart one, and ... well uhh.. :Whistle:

I love you guys :Big Grin:
Yeah... uhh... well... uhh.... like a brother, or a good friend - a pal - right?

:drinks:

Yes - Orbx is enabled, but FZ02 includes the HIO, TTD and VOU airfields, too - so by putting the those Orbx versions in a folder and pushing it above FS02 PDX in the Scenery Library - the OrbX airfields will show, and not the FZ02 versions.

..I love this scenery but the coastlines really get to me..

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Ok, looks like you are doing everything right. You click on the "alpha" radio button the scroll down and on the right side you should see the Set Default Transparent area where you can change it from False to True. Here's a pic of what it looks like on mine. BTW, its'a a paint to have to hit ok 27 times, lol. Good thing there are not more objects in that bgl.

Tell me if this helps.

This has worked wonders for all the detail at KPDX. I'm almost done and it's looking great!

Did you have to convert the Jetways to FSX format? I'm unable to get them to show up after making the changes with MCX. All other conversions have gone smoothly, including the tress.

Any ideas? Thanks again!

Please please please share instructions in how to get whatever it is you guys are working on. When its ready of course=) Things are looking up!

like a brother, or a good friend - a pal - right?

But of course, Paul :smile: (in fact a bit like a hero if you can get KPDX working with DJ and Sean)

JAKE EYRE
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Naaahh..... Jose is the hero, my friend! He has done all of the detail work and I've done bits of the ground, but I don't know enough about scenery development to recognize exactly what to do, nor which specific tool to use, and so it's guess at this and guess at that. Some bgl's will convert, and some have errors, and sometimes it works - actually for the most part, but when I get stuck - I get really stuck!.

So far it's looking good - very good, but there are things that need more work..

On, let's say 28L approach - there is no flashing: the airport looks as it did in FS9: same with landing, the roll-out, turn off and and taxying to a gate. Clean as a whistle - but Jose has an ILS issue, that I am trying to confirm and hopefully fix, and he is working on the ground bgl's that I couldn't fix, specifically the area closest to the river at the west end. We still have to verify runway - taxyway - gate markings, but right now, if you didn't know what to look for - you couldn't tell there was anything wrong.

Of course - if there are any scenery guys out there that might want to pitch in - please do!! We are open to any and all input!! :smile:

Gentlemen,

Where can I find a descent port-over of the FlightZone KPDX to FSX? I read that DJJose was working on this issue but this was more than 3 years ago, AFAIU. So, can you please enlighten me what's the status of works, any resources I can try on my FSX system?

Thanks a lot!!!

Regards,

Victor Quebec