Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Way to make .cfg without labels and with?

I've got several custom .cfg's but it seems I can't make one with AI labels and one without...

Is there a way to do this?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hello Ryan

It seems like the save function from the UI only saves a subset of the FSX.cfg

By default Ctrl + Shift + L turns them on and off so that's your best bet unless adding the [AContain] section to the end of your saved configs works to overwrite the relevant section of FSX.cfg when your saved config is loaded from the UI, it may work I have never tried it.

[AContain]

LabelColor=FFFF0000

LabelDelay=1000

ShowLabelAirline=0

ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0

ShowLabelAirspeed=0

ShowLabelAltitude=0

ShowLabelContainerId=0

ShowLabelDistance=0

ShowLabelFlightPlan=0

ShowLabelHeading=0

ShowLabelManufacturer=0

ShowLabelModel=0

ShowLabelTailNumber=0

ShowLabels=0

ShowUserLabel=0

Ctrl+shift+L works great!

I've not found a way to make the AContain save to my custom cfg's

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi Ryan; Here's one way, which I've used for a long time. Do a flight with labels: end it: save the cfg as "labels_on.cfg", and store it in \Configs\ (a new folder, below where the normal fsx.cfg sits). Then do another flight - same setup, except without labels. End the flight, save it in \Configs as "labels_off.cfg". Next write a small bat file like that below, with a small menu at the top which will allow you to select one or the other, then copying and renaming it as fsx.cfg. This is a chunk of mine, calling a stock DX9 VFR flight, or the same flight, except using DX10. Not shown here, but when FSX closes it goes back to the Menu screen for a different selection - actually 6 or 7 other flight setups, with other configs - e.g. IFR DX9 and IFR DX10 are two more.

:MENU

SET PATHC=C:\Users\pj\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\

SET PATHF=F:\Flight Simulator X

ECHO 1 - Standard Piston - VFR

ECHO 2 - Standard Piston - VFR DX10

SET /P M=Type 1, 2, or x to EXIT, then press ENTER:

IF %M%==1 GOTO VFR

IF %M%==2 GOTO VFRDX10

IF %M%==x GOTO END

@ECHO OFF

:VFR

C:

CD "%PATHC%"

del fsx.cfg

copy .\Configs\VFR.cfg fsx.cfg /Y 2>&1 1> NUL:

F:

start .\fsx.exe

(closing code here)

@ECHO OFF

:VFRDX10

C:

CD "%PATHC%"

del fsx.cfg

copy .\Configs\VFRDX10.cfg fsx.cfg /Y 2>&1 1> NUL:

F:

start .\fsx.exe

(closing code here)

(other menu items here not shown)

:End

exit

Here's the link to the whole thing - not fully edited out, as I noticed the Heli call still starts the FPSLimiter, which I don't use anymore. Too - it calls a different digisplash screen as FSX starts. As you might guess - I now run DX10 almost exclusively, since Stevejp has posted the fixes to the Shaders files, and is now working on the default lights. Shockwave lights work with DX10.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

That's above my skill level but thanks for the tip!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |