Sign in to follow this  
schwapm

ENB MOD help

I am trying to improve my night flying environment by using an enb mod ( i have never used one before). I was referred to the REX forum for Tim's natural enb mod. The download contains three files: enbpalette.bmp, d3d9.dll, and enbseries.ini. The forums state to move these three files into the FSX root folder. I did so, mine happens to be c:\FSX. When these files are placed in the root folder FSX will not load. I get the main screen for about 4 seconds with the window that displays the rotating aircraft solid black. FSX then encounters a fatal error and shuts down. When i remove these files FSX runs just fine. My gpu is a gtx 570 and I am running REX essential. Other member on the rex forums have stated that they can run this mod with REX E. Please help =).

You running with the DX10 preview checked? The ENB mod will only work for DX9.

Also, the ENB mod has been know to not work on everyones system. On mine it works fine with no loss of FPS or texture quality, but on some peoples rigs it crashes FSX, causes instabilities, and low performance. Since there is such a wide variety of people using different OS'es like XP, VIsta, Win7, 32bit or 64Bit, ATI or nVidia GPU's and any number of video card drivers and settings for those drivers its easy to see how it can work for some and not for others. One other thing regarding ENB is that it wont work on multimonitor setups or rather it will work on one screen but not the others.

Unfortunately there's not much you can do aside from making sure your running FSX in DX9 mode and not the DX10 preview mode.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I am running in DX9 =(. Are there any other solutions to make FSX look better at night? I am just looking for a darker sky and decreased visibility.

That is not a bad suggestion. I have globally reduced the gamma value in my GPU setting and it will satisfy my night flying needs...at least until I find something new that bugs me and must find a solution to :Just Kidding: . Hopefully whatever sim comes next takes all of these things into account.

ENB is a good solution to tweak you night brightness if you could use it on your rig. I used to use ENB for night but have recently switched to using ENB with a custom color palette that looks great in the day but looks really horrible at night. What I had to do was make a monitor preset just for night flying and then I just have to press that button and I get about the same effect I had when using ENB at night.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I can't run the enb on my new machine, cause crashes.

Disappointing but if I want to run my NGX (seems to happen with demanding AC) and open the map, or click on a menu..... then I have fly without it

Try "Shade", it is very good!!

I am trying to improve my night flying environment by using an enb mod ( i have never used one before). I was referred to the REX forum for Tim's natural enb mod. The download contains three files: enbpalette.bmp, d3d9.dll, and enbseries.ini. The forums state to move these three files into the FSX root folder. I did so, mine happens to be c:\FSX. When these files are placed in the root folder FSX will not load. I get the main screen for about 4 seconds with the window that displays the rotating aircraft solid black. FSX then encounters a fatal error and shuts down. When i remove these files FSX runs just fine. My gpu is a gtx 570 and I am running REX essential. Other member on the rex forums have stated that they can run this mod with REX E. Please help =).

UN LOAD = PRECISION X sofware from the bottom right hand corner - tray!

Now load it :)

Voila!

Took me days to issolate that! LOL

Enjoy

Rob

I'm working on a work around for this.

I can't run the enb on my new machine, cause crashes.

Disappointing but if I want to run my NGX (seems to happen with demanding AC) and open the map, or click on a menu..... then I have fly without it

Running Precision X? Unload it and then try :)

I am running in DX9 =(. Are there any other solutions to make FSX look better at night? I am just looking for a darker sky and decreased visibility.

Yeah! Run ENB in FSX folder and unload Precision X sofware from your computer. Voila! Hopefully works for you too :)