Sign in to follow this  
Simmo W

Alaska Download Error

Anyone having problems downloading the experience pack? I managed to pay for it via the game version of live, but the download keeps failing. I've clicked on the Alaska option in the world button too.

So keep up the screens and videos for us poor guys!

That's bad to know. I was polling Xplane10's Blog (as I do often each day) trying to find one of your great videos or some screens, but nothing! Now I know why :-(

My suggestion:

1) On xbox.com, make sure each item has "item already bought" or something like that (I have it in Portuguese...)

2) Start GFWL and on the Downloads section restart each of the downloads, one at a time!!!

I hope it works that way.... Looking forward for Alaska images at Xplane10's Blog :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I had the same problems this morning. I think they must have been having problems at the server end. I just kept trying and trying and eventually got it downloaded.

Quite disappointed though to be honest, and definitely not worth the huge wait we've had since the initial Flight release. Just a vast expanse of nothingness (in my opinion). Not that many new challenges unless I'm missing something, and the cockpitless Carbon Cub is, if you'll pardon my French, crap.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

I'll try tomorrow guys, esp as everyone is saying how bad it is, so no one will be downloading tomorrow?

I'll reserve judgement for then. I admit the low res terrain looks unjaggy (!) but all that snow, trees and sime if the facilities look good to me. Certainly well worth the low price.

Anybody else have the problem of part 7 of the Alaska Wilderness Pack hang up and even though the progress bar says it is completely downloaded it still is trying to download and you can't open Alaska?

I had the same problem last night trying to download part 7. To get it to work, I minimized flight, went to the marketplace and logged out of Windows live. Then I went back into flight, cliked on Alaksa and logged into Windows Live again and then like in the screen above, I clicked continue and it worked finally.

after downloading ms disconnected me due to error in corrupted files.

have a lot of problems due to this.

tried again but still cannot startup.

looks like windows 7 64 bits has damaged too due to the download.

never had this before

after deleting and startup again the same story

Carbon Cub is, if you'll pardon my French, crap.

Whow! I'm on the opposite side in this Tom... unless you're complaining about the fact it doesn't have a cockpit, because FM-wise, looks great to me!(?)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Whow! I'm on the opposite side in this Tom... unless you're complaining about the fact it doesn't have a cockpit, because FM-wise, looks great to me!(?)

It is purely the fact it doesn't have a cockpit. I find it absolutely impossible to fly and particularly land an aircraft accurately confined to an exterior view. In addition the lack of any instrumentation (other than the generic headup display) make it of no interest to me at all and I get no enjoyment out of flying it as I like to fly accurately, on the numbers. I think it's pure laziness on MS's part and it's my biggest gripe with Flight.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Ok everyone, woke up just now, launched GFWL and everything's worked perfectly. My guess it was there servers imploding. No tricks used. Downloaded real quick too. Im posting my thorough first impressions soon..

Thanks for helping!

I have pay the Alaskan Wilderness Pack, And now every Time

i would like Download the Installer He disappeared somewhere

on my hard drive. Can You say me the right Name of the Installer

so i can search on my Hard drive ?.

I found only this

gfwlivesetup_4d5308d2e0000001.exe for the Game

Alaska Addons 1-6

gfwlivesetup_4d5308d2000a0000.exe

gfwlivesetup_4d5308d2000b0000.exe

gfwlivesetup_4d5308d2000c0000.exe

gfwlivesetup_4d5308d2000d0000.exe