Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Need suggestions to get MS Flight to 'straighten up and fly right'

I am having serious flight problems with MS Flight. All aircraft, and even the mouse' start off with a full bank to the left and and nose down attitude. This make for some very short flights. Even when I attempt a takeoff, as soon as flying speed is reached the left wing is dragging the runway.

It is almost like an autopilot (say what?) is turned On with a Left heading selected.

Any ideas? I have most of the aircraft, Hawaii and Alaska with the new additional 6 packs installed. In other words, the latest version and up-to-date.

I have deselected. reselected, reassigned, cleared out the yoke, joystick, etc. Rebooted, unplugged the USB connectors, etc.

I have a Saitek Cessna Yoke, Combat pedals, x52 Flightstick and a scroll wheel mouse - all USB.

Thanks,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Have you tried disconnecting the yoke and pedals completely and flying it just with the mouse connected?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Have you tried disconnecting the yoke and pedals completely and flying it just with the mouse connected?

Oh, no... Not the mouse option.

If I think of something meaningful to suggest when I get home from work I'll post it here.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

It took a total reinstall to get it right. Not much to do in Alaska just yet. It doesn't seem to be a very busy place. Maybe this release is dated about time the Russians were trying to sell it to Seward. Heck, we might be the ones that discover gold in Alaska - Shhhhhh, don't tell anyone.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Ray

If I think of something meaningful to suggest when I get home from work I'll post it here.

Just trouble shooting 101, process of elimination

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Yep, but it is a 'La Pee sir' when is all works with FSX and not with something as simple as MS Flight. I guess i was so doggone disappointed in Alaska that I just didn't want to devote any quality thought to the process. It is not the scenery, it is all the other stuff that is missing.

Ray

You are absolutely correct - if I eliminate Flight the problem goes away. Simple. Simple.

Ray

Why? It's great! It's probably, on pair with the flight dynamics and weather themes, one of the most well designed features of FLIGHT, at least for me. I use a similar, also very good, "driver" for mouse control in Condor Soaring.

In FLIGHT, even for sidelsips, I use the mouse and the "A" / "D" keys. I do have a Saitek x52 Pro, but gave away my CH rudder pedals long ago :-( anyway, the mouse interface in FLIGHT is very very good!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

You probably had accidentally pushed the rudder trim way over or something.

Yep, but it is a 'La Pee sir' when is all works with FSX and not with something as simple as MS Flight. I guess i was so doggone disappointed in Alaska that I just didn't want to devote any quality thought to the process. It is not the scenery, it is all the other stuff that is missing.

Ray

You are absolutely correct - if I eliminate Flight the problem goes away. Simple. Simple.

Ray

Well I guess I am not as observant as you, cause I missed where the OP said out worked with FSX!!!

Imagine that.;-)

Well I guess I am not as observant as you, cause I missed where the OP said out worked with FSX!!!

Imagine that.;-)

Sorry, I guess that part got lost in the translation.

You probably had accidentally pushed the rudder trim way over or something.

You could very well be correct. Of course, I never even considered these cockpitless wonders would even have rudder trim. Duh.

Ray

Yeah, the joys of cockpitless planes... controls that give you no way to see how to control it.