Sign in to follow this  
cjpringle

Will Alaska get Aerocaches and missions?

Sorry I just wanted to reassure people (myself included) that this will come someday.

I don't like flying around aimlessly so having stuff to do is primordial.

It must be nice for the people who got invited to the little club

If it makes you feel any better, everything that's useful gets reposted here. A lot of what else goes on in the beta forum is just bug reports and discussion. Many times something posted here will get reposted on the beta forum to make sure the devs see it, and allow for questions and such.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

The airports in Alaska already have jobs. Same ol', same ol', however. Chickens, Monkeys, Pigs, art supplies, etc...... The main difference is that the distances for the most part are greater. I've also already seen some clandestine missions.

Without a doubt we need a heavy hauler and a floatplane that can carry a load.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

If it makes you feel any better, everything that's useful gets reposted here.

Sure, but the point is that we should not have to rely on the graces of other customers to receive official information about the products we purchase.

Those discussions should be happening openly, for all customers to participate in. This is not a private beta anymore.

Hi Folks

Whats this ?

"We're ENTITLED to aerocaches, and DEMAND them NOW ! "

A new FLIGHT hardcore emerges ? :huh:

From what I can see,

it looked like the new series had been scheduled to commence on 2nd July,

but the current series of Hawaii AotD repeats has just been extended.

I'm guessing the delay is due to Alaska's revised release date for STEAM,

Delafina has posted on STEAM that they are coming,

followed up by "within the next two weeks".

HTH

ATB

Paul

Sure, but the point is that we should not have to rely on the graces of other customers to receive official information about the products we purchase.

Those discussions should be happening openly, for all customers to participate in. This is not a private beta anymore.

Are you sure you'd want to have to wade through another forum for an hour a day just to find the good stuff that's already being crossposted here?

Imagine if someone took all the good stuff from Avsim Flight and summarized it on another site. It would be nice to read through the good stuff and not have to endure the jackhammer of negativity that prevails here much of the time.

More likely the real problem is that some people believe that the beta team has the ear of the developers and no one else does. Well, the devs don't post on Avsim much, but they do on the Steam forum. If you want a more direct line to the devs, go to Steam. (Now THERE's a forum that could benefit from having the good stuff summarized elsewhere.)

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Are you sure you'd want to have to wade through another forum for an hour a day just to find the good stuff that's already being crossposted here?

No, but I should have the option.

More likely the real problem is that some people believe that the beta team has the ear of the developers and no one else does.

Not at all. The real problem is that we are not in beta anymore. Once you start actually selling your product, you have to treat all your customers equally. Having any kind of exclusive venue to communicate with just a predetermined subset of them is counterproductive on many levels.

For the record, were I offered access to the beta forum now, post-launch, I would decline. I don't want in, I want it out. Out in the open for all customers to have access to the same information.

If you want a more direct line to the devs, go to Steam.

I'm sure you are aware that the Steam forum is a joke, at best.

Perhaps it wouldn't be if the supposedly official discusion forum became the actual official discussion forum. But I don't see that happening while the defacto but private official forum is still operating.

The answer has been answered, so I am locking this topic before we get into (yet another) of topic discussion. :wink: