Sign in to follow this  
Cai Zicheng

Scenery Activation

Hello,

If I install FSX alongside with P3D, how will aerosoft scenery work, especially the ones that need to be activated through the aerosoft laucher?

Can I simply copy the activated files from FSX into P3D and add them in the scenery library? Does anyone have a clear idea of how to make this work best?

Thank you guys in advance, any suggestion is welcome!

Zicheng Cai

FIRST OF ALL : RUN THE PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR OR YOU WILL HAVE MASSIVE PROBLEMS !!!

what I do now : Switch Menue On (ALT ) go to WORLD, Scenery Library, ADD AEREA, BROWSE to the AEROSOFT FOLDER in my FSX drive, select a scenery, airport , whatever you have, give it a name in the field aerea title and klick OK. That´s all. When I added VFR LONDON (1.2m Photo ) and London City Airport, both by Aerosoft, I got more then 30 FPS, first time in my fligtghtsim-life, with FSX it´s 11-15 max . Anyway you can run the "PREPAR3D2FSX Migration Tool" by Flight Sim Estonia and install normal. The tool is cheap (11,- EUR) and works perfect. You can use FSX and P3D side by side (do NOT FORGET to switch Virtual FSX OFF in the tool before starting real FSX. I did it for my Digital Aviation FOKKER 70/100 which I love, and for all my PMDGs ( BAE JS4100+MD11+737NGX) everything is perfect. My PREPAR3D license is the "ACADEMIC" . My computer is a mid-range machine : Board Z68XP-UD3, CPU: Intel® Core i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 16384MB RAM, Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260, System Drive with Intel Rapid Storage, FSX on SSD Drive but PREPAR3D on a normal HDD ! I will probably say Good Bye to FSX an completely switch over to PREPAR3D ( the name is horrible ) as all my ADD-ONs for more than 1000,- EUR until now work fine.

I apologize for my English, it´s not my native language.

Hans Lauer

Well noted. Thank you.

FIRST OF ALL : RUN THE PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR OR YOU WILL HAVE MASSIVE PROBLEMS !!!

what I do now : Switch Menue On (ALT ) go to WORLD, Scenery Library, ADD AEREA, BROWSE to the AEROSOFT FOLDER in my FSX drive, select a scenery, airport , whatever you have, give it a name in the field aerea title and klick OK. That´s all. When I added VFR LONDON (1.2m Photo ) and London City Airport, both by Aerosoft, I got more then 30 FPS, first time in my fligtghtsim-life, with FSX it´s 11-15 max . Anyway you can run the "PREPAR3D2FSX Migration Tool" by Flight Sim Estonia and install normal. The tool is cheap (11,- EUR) and works perfect. You can use FSX and P3D side by side (do NOT FORGET to switch Virtual FSX OFF in the tool before starting real FSX. I did it for my Digital Aviation FOKKER 70/100 which I love, and for all my PMDGs ( BAE JS4100+MD11+737NGX) everything is perfect. My PREPAR3D license is the "ACADEMIC" . My computer is a mid-range machine : Board Z68XP-UD3, CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 16384MB RAM, Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260, System Drive with Intel Rapid Storage, FSX on SSD Drive but PREPAR3D on a normal HDD ! I will probably say Good Bye to FSX an completely switch over to PREPAR3D ( the name is horrible ) as all my ADD-ONs for more than 1000,- EUR until now work fine.

I apologize for my English, it´s not my native language.

Hans Lauer

Perhaps try the Aerosoft Support Forum. http://forum.aerosoft.com/

Well noted. Thank you.

Zicheng Cai

Yes, it's not a problem. You don't even need to copy the scenery. Just add the scenery from Prepar3d and point to the same directory as FSX reads it from. Aerosoft's activation unpacks and personalized the scenery, once that is done it can be used in both Prepar3d and FSX. If the scenery contains effects/sounds/simobjects you will need to copy those to the respective Prepar3d directories, that's all there is to it.