Sign in to follow this  
Comanche

Carenado Caravan is out

Just happend to check their site and its out.

Very nicley done! I cant spend much time with it, because I have to get ready for work, But I managed to get out a few shots.

One interesting (yet creepy) feature I saw was the pilots, always look at the camera while you pan around the aircraft. Sort of like a painting where the eyes are always looking at you when your in the room. Once the plane is airborne, their too busy flying the plane to bother LOL.

Rob

Car_C208B_1-1.jpg

Car_C208B_6-1.jpg

Car_C208B_7-1.jpg

Car_C208B_8-1.jpg

Car_C208B_26-1.jpg

Car_C208B_30-1.jpg

WOW!! Great shots Rob,What airport is that? Looks fantastic,And thanks for the info,I'll be purchasing this when I return from work.

Cheers

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

So you aren't caught off-guard...

From Carenado's website:

***WARNING: This aircraft was NOT developed for X-Plane 10. It works in that platform, but it doesn t take advantage of all the new features. We will provide a patch in the future which will make it 100% compatible.

Nice!! Wud be sure to get this one!!

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot
VATSIM ZOA and Oceanic Controller (Pacific)

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead

Very nice indeed but it has an issue.

The flight director stays pegged waaaayyy below the horizon. If you get caught in IFR conditions with the A/P engaged it could spell trouble. I have reported it to Carenado already. Great addition to X-Plane. Now we need a good airliner to join the XPX family.

Cheers.

Dennis

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

That's true, same issue here with the FD. Another one is the Low Voltage warning when cruising at high altitud and I engage the ice protections.

Alexander Colka

Has anyone figured out how to switch between the cargo pod vs no pod models? I see both advertised in the pictures but only the cargo pod version appears.

Thanks!

Dennis

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

It's an awesome plane ! On my GNU/Linux system, I have a 3D sound problem, so I disabled these sounds in the lua script. I hope there will be an official patch for this.

On the last picture, you can see a formation flying with the Carenado Mooney. It was their first add-on for X-Plane.

C208B01-th.jpg C208B02-th.jpg C208B03-th.jpg C208B05-th.jpg

Très belles captures d'écran. Montre vraiment X-plane.

(Hope I said that right)

Rob

They just released a patch for the caravan which corrects a few issues and adds a few features.

Get it from carenados site.

Rob

Anyone using it in XPX? I am considering it, but that "WARNING, NOT DESIGNED FOR XPX" is kind of making me hesitate... I read somewhere about abysmal FPS also using it in XPX. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12