Sign in to follow this  
Comanche

Carenado Caravan is out

Hi Richard

I am using the Caravan in XPX and for me, with my rendering settings, it runs very well.

I have trees one setting from the max, and objects and roads on tons with extreme airport detail. I don't have shadows or reflections. I am running with HDR enabled(I have to now because I think the Atmospheric Scattering is so realistic). I am getting 30-40 FPS with flight models per frame set at 2, and it runs very nicely. The sound is very good and what's more is as Rob says above they have just released a patch(which you obviously won't need if purchasing now) which fixes a few little issues.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Simon

Sounds like it's time for me to take the plunge, then. Btw, what difference does 1 or 2 flight models make?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Correct me anybody if I am wrong, but I believe the flight models/frame is the number of calculations done for the flight model per frame drawn. So if your frame rate is 30fps, and your fm/f is set at two, 60 flight model calcultaions will be done per second.

I have just taken the Caravan up for another quick circuit to check the update and it is really growing on me.

Hey Folks!

I just tried the patch and it works well. Carenado did not fully document the fixes incorporated in their little file but one of them issues fixed is the flight director issue I reported - it works well now so Yeeeeee! I have noticed that that XPX now takes a very long time to close when using the Carenado Caravan and hitting FILE/QUIT. Will continue to observe this one.

Cheers.

Dennis

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

I am getting it. Where did you guys get it from? The org or directly from Carenado?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

I got it from Carenado directly, but I think its now on Aerosoft and X-plane.org.

Rob

I bought it from the org.. Now let's see if I can get the engine started... ;)

Richard

I just uploaded a video of it.

My video editing skills are not good. My flying skills are just as bad, So there are no fancy effects in this.

Rob

My video editing skills are not good. My flying skills are just as bad, So there are no fancy effects in this.

Rob

Great video! How do you get the weather radar to work? Mine is pitch black no matter what I do?

Richard

it is only on and off, no other knobs work. In order to see bad weather there has to be bad wheather around you. just set it up in the environment settings and you'll see.

This one flies much better than the Carenado FSX Caravan. The engine revs up faster, the plane itself is faster, feels much better overall :-)

Rob

Fantastic video showing off this beauty!! Bravo Rob!!

**PS** Can anyone tell me where I can find the flight model number settings referred to earlier in this thread? Thank You

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

**PS** Can anyone tell me where I can find the flight model number settings referred to earlier in this thread? Thank You

Settings -> Operations & Warnings -> Flight model per frame.

Numbers greater than 1 could be advisable or necessary for very lights or very fast aircrafts. A symptom that advises increasing its value, is if the aircraft shakes when on ground or in flight.

In theory, a higher number should also produce a marginally smoother flight model.

HIgher numbers will progressively affect frame rate. 2 or 3 is usually the max value advised.

Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

The weather radar in the caravan works off the default weather radar for xPlane. It's pretty good actually, but you have to have storms in the area for anything to show up. Set your weather manually and crank up the bad weather. You should see the storm cells appear on the screen .

Rob