Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Thank you

Today after landing at LEPA and shutting down and deboarding at the designated gate I found myself just sitting there for a few moments looking at the screen and enjoying the moment looking at buses driving by in front of the aircraft fully loaded with PAX going to/from a/c and other vehicles as well and another online 737-800 in KLM colors parking next to me.

It really felt so real...like the airport was really alive and looking back at the flight...the beautiful scenery of Arlanda right after takeoff and then the nice Spanish IVAO controllers guiding us safetly down to yet another beautiful scenery in form of LEPA I once again realized how much I like our hobby simulating flight and how close to the real thing we've come and it wouldn't be like this if it wasn't for all addon developers and the great spirit between all of us.

With this post I simply want to say thank you to...

PMDG for the NGX...flying a 737NG on a computer never felt more real

FS2Crew for one of the best and most amazing addons ever produced if you ask me, wouldn't want fly without my FO :wink:

Aerosoft for all the great airport sceneries and AES, I only fly to AES supported airports these days

HiFi for AS 2012 making the sky look like the real thing on every flight plus all other texture enhancements

...and HiFi again for XPax...by now a rather old product but use it on every flight and love what it adds in form of virtual PAX

FSGenesis for making the mountains and terrain look like the real deal

Flight1 for GEX and UTX "painting" the terrain in such beautiful colors and patterns making it look even more real

AivlaSoft for making EFB which helps me never feel lost but instead very confident on my exact position all the time

Navigraph for continuously providing up to date NAV data for so many products

Pete Dowson for FSUIPC...the Swiss army knife for FS

D.Chircop, Eiresim, FSDream Team, FWI, Scansim and UK2000 Scenery for lots of beautiful airport sceneries

Below a screenshot of what I was watching when thinking about all this after today's flight to Mallorca.

ParkedatLEPA.jpg

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU !!

Richard Åsberg

Yup, it really is astonishing how far flight sims have come in terms of realism. So I echo those thanks too. I never dared to dream when I was a kid that I'd have a credible airliner simulator sat in my house that I could use whenever I wanted to.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

That is the biggest Thank you I think I have every seen on a forum. Glad you are enjoying!! Looks like you got down safely too!

Bob

Very nicely said, Speaking as a fairly infrequent poster, you've summed up how I feel about the current state of play with some of the great add ons we now have for FSX.

I ditto that!!

And y'all should know that high praise from a Swede is hard to come by. :Money Eyes: It just doesn't happen...

Thank' s to share your nice thoughts.

This hobby keeps me really interested also in the matter to learn real aviation world and make me the desire to be a pilot.

So I wish fun for everyone.

I'd like to echo the comments as well. Its really amazing how far this hobby has come since the old subLogic days. I still remember back in the day sitting in from of my Commodore 64 using the first version thinking how cool it was even though I only got about 5 FPS. Like AL said, I never though at that age we would be using desk top sim that looked like they do know, not to mention the realistic a/c and sceneries that are modeled for the sim. It will be interesting to see what the next 20 years will be like as far as sim developement considering how far we have come since the early 80's. Perhaps one of these days the sim will look so real that it would be hard to distinguish it from real photographs. In some cases its already like that depending on the addons used.

This hobby keeps me really interested also in the matter to learn real aviation world and make me the desire to be a pilot.

And thanks to you Fabrizio for all the wonderful sceneries you have produced at FSDT. Although I can't remember which ones you designed besides KFLL, you and Umberto and the other guys over there at FSDT have provided me with most of my favorite real world airports like KDFW, KLAX, and KFLL. Look forward to see what you guys make in the next 10 years.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Late last year I was doing a sim renewal at my flying school. It's one of those awful old things, and at one point during the procedure it the sky suddenly went from blue to black. The instructor jumped out of his seat, "Wow did you see that! It models day and night!".

I sat there staring at him for a few seconds until he calmed down and invited him round to my place for a beer after the lesson. He came round and I showed him FSX. He could honestly not believe what he was seeing. This is why I don't listen to instructors who moan about flightsims. They don't know what they hell they're talking about :) It's just awesome isn't it.

I think most of the instructors who hate simulators do so because they get kids who claim they can fly because of the sim and they cant even hold the cessna straight and level. What they dont realise is that most likely those kids cant even hold a plane straight and level in the sim :LMAO: .

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

Glad you are enjoying the new system! :smile:

Thanks Ben, I sure do enjoy my new system :smile: FSX never looks more beautiful before and at the same time running as smooth as it does now!

Yup, it really is astonishing how far flight sims have come in terms of realism. So I echo those thanks too. I never dared to dream when I was a kid that I'd have a credible airliner simulator sat in my house that I could use whenever I wanted to.

Al

So true...I remember when I "played" some kind of flightsim I don't even remember the name of on my Amiga 500 approx 25 years ago :wink:

That is the biggest Thank you I think I have every seen on a forum. Glad you are enjoying!! Looks like you got down safely too!

Bob

Yes, got sately down and now I'm back at ESSA after another great flight enjoying all these superb addons working together :smile:

Richard Åsberg

Very nicely said, Speaking as a fairly infrequent poster, you've summed up how I feel about the current state of play with some of the great add ons we now have for FSX.

Thanks Neil and as far as I can tell from looking at your profile picture you're one of those lucky guys able to compare FSX to the real thing :smile:

I ditto that!!

And y'all should know that high praise from a Swede is hard to come by. :Money Eyes: It just doesn't happen...

Really...:wink:? Didn't know we Swedes were known to be that hard to please but maybe you're right :smile:

Wish you the best of luck making your pilot dreams become true one day !!

Late last year I was doing a sim renewal at my flying school. It's one of those awful old things, and at one point during the procedure it the sky suddenly went from blue to black. The instructor jumped out of his seat, "Wow did you see that! It models day and night!".

I sat there staring at him for a few seconds until he calmed down and invited him round to my place for a beer after the lesson. He came round and I showed him FSX. He could honestly not believe what he was seeing. This is why I don't listen to instructors who moan about flightsims. They don't know what they hell they're talking about :) It's just awesome isn't it.

That's a cool story :LMAO:

Richard Åsberg