I hope I don't offend anyone by publicising our VA on here, but I thought it worth mentioning to like minded pilots who fly shared cockpit.

We launched Eclipse at the start of June and have distinguished ourselves from other VAs in a number of ways, one if which is our commitment to support shared cockpit flights.

I'm the CEO and an RAF pilot, the reason I got back into flight sim was to teach a friend how to fly, and when we decided we wanted more direction to our flying we tried to find a VA that supported shared cockpit.

We couldn't find one so created our own!

We offer something different from any other VA we've found, you can find out more by watching our promo at:

or by visiting our website:

www.EclipseVirtual.com.

Eclipse is non-profit and I just want our pilots to enjoy flying multiplayer for a VA as much as I do.

What a lovely video. :Money Eyes: I'm sorely tempted by it.

I have had a look at the website and am rather put off by the expenses thing. For people to enjoy flying should be casual, surely?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Some sort of reply would be appreciated before Xmas?

Dave Taylor gb.png

You may get a response with a more polite tone.

If the philosophy behind Eclipse is not something that interests you then there are many other VAs that will cater to your interests.

The approach Eclipse is taking is that in order to expand we need to fly routes and generate income.

This is a unique approach and the main reason people join Eclipse, it makes you feel valued, and you can see the impact your flights are having on the expansion of the airline.

Flying can be casual, Eclipse in this sense is more casual than most VAs in that you can fly VFR or IFR into a wide variety of fields.

Eclipse doesn't cost anything to be part of. If you want something different then join a different VA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm so glad that I was not an officer in the RAF...

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

If the philosophy behind Eclipse is not something that interests you then there are many other VAs that will cater to your interests.

The approach Eclipse is taking is that in order to expand we need to fly routes and generate income.

This is a unique approach and the main reason people join Eclipse, it makes you feel valued, and you can see the impact your flights are having on the expansion of the airline.

Flying can be casual, Eclipse in this sense is more casual than most VAs in that you can fly VFR or IFR into a wide variety of fields.

Eclipse doesn't cost anything to be part of. If you want something different then join a different VA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

First of all, you advertise for new members to join your VA. You got a response and you decide to ignore it.

I think it is you that should exersize your politeness by responding in a reasonable amount of time. That is what I call being polite. But hey, your an officer aren't you.

Flying trips in the default caravan is certainly not 'my cup of tea', sorry. I flew with 'Knight Air' a very popular VA with 50+ pilots on routes all over the world. If you want to make your VA popular maybe you should do the same?

Dave Taylor gb.png

"You got a response and you decide to ignore it."

I was away on business when you posted and didn't get the notification until just prior to my response.

The post above directs you to our website where you will find comprehensive instructions on how to join the VA. All of our pilot's applications have been actioned within 48 hours which is quicker than other VAs I've flown for.

"But hey, your an officer aren't you."

Seem's a rather needless comment. You have the opinion that all Officers are impolite? If I came across as rude by not responding I apologise, I have iterated the reasons for this above.

"Flying trips in the default caravan is certainly not 'my cup of tea', sorry."

OK. there's no obligation to join, and many other VAs which will cater to what you want. and since the promo was made we have expanded, now flying the King Air and Islander. Also the promo features the Carenado C208B Caravan.

"If you want to make your VA popular maybe you should do the same?"

I still think you misunderstand what our VA is about. We appreciate that we won't be the VA for everyone and we make this clear.

Those pilots that want to just fly the 737 should probably look elsewhere.

What we offer is the opportunity to join a VA at the start of it's life, fly routes, earn money and know that when we buy a new aircraft a part of that is down to your individual effort.

We think that this will appeal to a section of FSX users and only time will tell if we are correct.

I don't wish to get into an argument, we're not selling a product here, we're just offering a different VA experience, that encourages shared cockpit flying, that shows you the results of your flying, runs regular events and offers something a bit different.

You know, if there is one thing in this world I hate it's people who want the same old rubbish repeated over and over again and get upset when someone sticks their head above the parapet and does something trailblazing.

In some countries it's custom to give the person you're trying to talk to adequate time to respond before having a go.

I'm new to this forum but disgusted at the way G7USL appears to expect people to be at her beck and call and not have real world lives to attend to. And as for Paul J, did your mother not teach you manners? I don't know who Samson is and don't particularly care but he's obviously doing a job that neither G7USL or Paul J are man enough to do. I presume you guys live in "free" countries - you owe that to the brave men and women who serve in the armed forces, wherever that may be.

As for Eclipse, I'm signing up right now, it looks different and pollished and nothing like any other VA. I hope it lives up to my expectations. I'll let you all know.

You know, if there is one thing in this world I hate it's people who want the same old rubbish repeated over and over again and get upset when someone sticks their head above the parapet and does something trailblazing.

In some countries it's custom to give the person you're trying to talk to adequate time to respond before having a go.

I'm new to this forum but disgusted at the way G7USL appears to expect people to be at her beck and call and not have real world lives to attend to. And as for Paul J, did your mother not teach you manners? I don't know who Samson is and don't particularly care but he's obviously doing a job that neither G7USL or Paul J are man enough to do. I presume you guys live in "free" countries - you owe that to the brave men and women who serve in the armed forces, wherever that may be.

As for Eclipse, I'm signing up right now, it looks different and pollished and nothing like any other VA. I hope it lives up to my expectations. I'll let you all know.

Well thank you for those kind words.

I hope that your 1 post and subsequent post's help your education? How many 'hers' do you know with the name of 'Dave'? Maybe your glasses need cleaning to read the small print displaying my name in my signature. You also haven't previously read my post's or maybe mummy never gave you the time to eh?.

It's very easy to create a VA, if you know how to do it and I suppose having been flight simming now for 15 years I would breeze it if I found it nessacery.

The OP (without a name or signature) made what I call a very good video advertising his? VA to which I gave good praise for and I wish him luck with it. There was no malice as you are attempting to twist this thread to highlight, my words of expecting an answer where made 'tongue-in-cheek'.

Dave Taylor gb.png

You know, if there is one thing in this world I hate it's people who want the same old rubbish repeated over and over again and get upset when someone sticks their head above the parapet and does something trailblazing..

I may also add that to start your contributions in this forum with an attack as you have and a ridiculous name will not make you any freinds here, sonny. I'm assuming your a male?

Dave Taylor gb.png

The way this whole thread has turned on itself is unbecoming. Come on everybody, give yourselves and each other a break. Locked.