Sign in to follow this  
Kaboki

Midnight Sun?

One of the first things I did after loading Alaska was sit on a couple of ramps in clear weather and flick through all the seasons to see the snow differences. I immediately noticed the sun bouncing up and down in the sky as I went from summer to winter.

The only short fall I have noticed with the sun and moon in Flight is that it does not model eclipses. Other than that, it's the best I've seen. There's nothing worse for me than trying to navigate in a game based on sun or moon position and the game has them in entirely wrong spots. STALKER - Call of Pripyat is the most hilarious offender, it has the sun rise in the west, set in the east, and traverse directly overhead, when the area in question is at 51° N. Fallout 3 is pretty bad as well with the moon traversing from NE to SE then to SW.

A reply in Norwegian: - Alaska for under 100-lappen er jo overkommelig. Trenger du selskap på en av dine flyturer under midnattsolen - så gi et hint. :smile:

Prisen er absolutt ingenting å klage på. Flyr egentlig mest FSX for tiden, har bare Flight for å teste det ut. Er ikke helt fornøyd med hva det har å tilby. Men takk for invitasjonen :smile:

Just as an aside, I find it interesting that our Norwegian population seems to be growing with the arrival of Alaska. I guess it's a little more like home than Hawaii? :Peace:

Just as an aside, I find it a bit amusing that our Norwegian population seems to be growing with the arrival of Alaska. I guess it's a little more like home than Hawaii?

Interesting PoV!!! Maybe with each new Area DLC we will start seing people from similar (geographically) regions of the World :-)

Back on the fs5 Era I remember rushing to buy Paris and San Francisco because in the first case there were a few simmilarities with flying over Lisboa, and San Francisco was a huge scenery area :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Just as an aside, I find it interesting that our Norwegian population seems to be growing with the arrival of Alaska. I guess it's a little more like home than Hawaii? :Peace:

Yes It's more like home than Hawaii:-)

But as I said to Torium in norwegian, I mostly fly FSX for the time being as I think Flight still is too limited. And I have great scenery for southern Alaska in FSX and I'll buy Orbx SAK when that comes out. But I have Flight just to check it out when they add new things and waiting for the day It can replace FSX for me(that day may never come).

Well, if MS wants to make me happy, the next DLC region should be Norway. I've been dying for some really good Norwegian scenery ever since I started flying on the PC. FSX has some nice freeware to enhance the default Norway scenery, but it's still quite basic. Norway is #1 on my wishlist when it comes to scenery! (In fact, if some REALLY good Norwegian scenery will be released for FSX (and in this case I won't mind photoreal scenery), I might reinstall FSX just for that... :wink:

Well, if MS wants to make me happy, the next DLC region should be Norway. I've been dying for some really good Norwegian scenery ever since I started flying on the PC. FSX has some nice freeware to enhance the default Norway scenery, but it's still quite basic. Norway is #1 on my wishlist when it comes to scenery! (In fact, if some REALLY good Norwegian scenery will be released for FSX (and in this case I won't mind photoreal scenery), I might reinstall FSX just for that... :wink:

Totally agree, I never fly in norway in FSX because there aren't any payware scenery, except a couple of airports made by Aerosoft. Orbx is moving to Europe and I hope that one day they'll do Norway(but that may never happen).

I've never been to Norway, or anywhere north of Germany (and that was just refueling stops) really, but Norway is very high on the list of scenery DLC I would like to see... Probably right after the Pacific Northwest and New Zealand (none of which I have flown in either).

And I bet a lot of art assets from Alaska could be borrowed for it.

I think flight needs to pause and take stock of itself for a moment. It seems they have some resource issues to work out if they really expect to release huge areas four times a year. First would be to decide a quality level and stick with it. Alaska is all over the map in some ways, and the uneven quality is going to eventually be a major problem if they keep it up.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5