Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Anyone using the great Carbon Cub in Hawaii?

Found it great to try "Gold" on some challenges... It's quite maneuverable and easy on those "Gold Coin" circuits I was unable to complete...

Of course some of the landing challenges in Alaska also bring up it's extraordinary STOL characteristics. The gravel landing challenge under very stron winds, with the tress swaying in the wind, is a must!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Hello

I think it is great, definitely the best aircraft yet

Try inverting it and see what happens :P I love the plane, I have spent most of my time flying the southern fjords skimming the tires across the water and seeing how short of a landing strip I can create on the sandbars and riverbanks.

Two votes for cockpitless airplanes. Do I hear three?

Its a great dis-service to the cub to have it without a cockpit, but it was free...

I'm trying to uninstall it...

Hopefully Microsoft goes back through all these basic aircraft and offer a deluxe upgrade. I'd buy them all then...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Hopefully Microsoft goes back through all these basic aircraft and offer a deluxe upgrade. I'd buy them all then...

Yeah, I would probably pick up the war birds if they had cockpits.

Try inverting it and see what happens :P I love the plane, I have spent most of my time flying the southern fjords skimming the tires across the water and seeing how short of a landing strip I can create on the sandbars and riverbanks.

Its a great dis-service to the cub to have it without a cockpit, but it was free...

There's NO SUCH THING as "Free". That's the 1st rule of business. Believe me, you're paying for it somewhere.

Stan

Yeah, I would probably pick up the war birds if they had cockpits.

I'd grab the F4U for sure, if only it had a cockpit.

I'm trying to uninstall it...

I keep thinking that they will come up with some DLC that will offer the upgrade to the current planes we have now to make it all 100% funtional.

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Overall I have been enjoying Flight but I have a hard time understanding the facination with flying, if you can call it that, a cockpitless aircraft. I personally will not purchase one and refuse to "fly" the free ones in either Hawaii or Alaska or wherever. Hopefully MS will release a more suitable aircraft for Alaska in the near future.

Yes I have used the Cub in Hawaii. For today's aerocache as a matter of fact. I must say it's actually quite a nimble little plane. I was going quite slow with almost no throttle coasting in, and even became overconfidant and clipped a mast on one of the sail boats. I was able to easily recover.

While doing this, I thought, hmmmm.... all this water around and these big fat tires... I wonder.

So this is me.

2012062800003.jpg

Here I glide into the water.

2012062800009.jpg

And then climb out. It was pretty cool.

2012062800010.jpg

There is also one thing I never really noticed before. Maybe I just didn't pay any attention. There was smoke pouring out of this smoke stack... Did that always occure in Hawaii?

2012062800001.jpg

I can tolerate the cub. I like Alaska.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I would use the "great carbon cub" in Hawaii....if there was a great carbon cub. :LMAO:

Best, Michael

KDFW

There is also one thing I never really noticed before. Maybe I just didn't pay any attention. There was smoke pouring out of this smoke stack... Did that always occure in Hawaii?

Yes, that's been in there since release. I'm a bit hazy about the smoke (uhm...), but you should see the same while on approach into Kahului on Mau'i.

I used it only to do challenges in Alaska. I don't like cockpitless planes. I don't have right feeling using them.