Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Oh Wow!

Some will have seen these, but for those who haven't, the RAF's last flying Lancaster dropping poppies over London...

For those who are not aware why that Lancaster dropped poppies

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18633791

There's quite a shameful back story to this, in that it was like getting blood out of a stone getting funds from the M.O.D., veteran bomber crew not being able to attend the ceremony etc. Worth digging a bit.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Beauty...That is the aircraft that my GrandPaw was a navigator in. He joined the RAF from the Dominion of Newfoundland (Newfoundland joined Canada in 1949). He was trained in good ole New Jersey with the USAF before serving in England.

Matthew Kane

Yup, probably not by much though, they tend to run the props on that thing at pretty low RPM most of the time to preseve hours on the engine and save wear on the plugs, which actually only last about twelve hours before they are shot.

If you've ever seen it for real flying over, which I have many times, you can usually make out the individual prop blades because of that tendency to be fairly gentle on the throttles.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here