Sign in to follow this  
Simmo W

First Impressions of Alaska- Thorough Analysis-Pt 1

Agree!!!! It is..

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Whats so magical? Enlighten me..

Take off, and look around. Notice no stutters, smooth flying , nice looking scenery. and handling like a real airplane. That to me is magical.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

I do appreciate how they modeled the wind effect over terrain in their weather engine or whatever its called

Count me in too . the wife has told me a few times that the reason i dont spend alot of time looking at whats wrong with flight its because i get to flight a plane almost every day and that has got me to delete a few post in the past , i think to some extend she may be telling me the truth.........

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Take off, and look around. Notice no stutters, smooth flying , nice looking scenery. and handling like a real airplane. That to me is magical.

This Is my first impressions.

Ok where to begin, just finished downloading and had my first flight around Sitka. First of all I cant get into cockpit view in my Deluxe Aircrafts, second It stutters real bad no smooth flying for me, third the shadows everyones bragging so much about I think they should have a longer drawrate as I could see shadows drawing up in front of eyes and it didnt look good at all, and mountains from a little distance looked like default areas in FSX that they didn't put much work into. No complains about the planes they acted just fine. I'll keep trying this some more but right know I feel like I flushed my money in the toilet.

As for the cockpit view If i remember correct I could change them with the F buttons on the keybord, but It's been awhile since I tried this game so maybe they have changed this?

Edit: Solved the issue with the cockpit view, had to remap it to "c" button on the keybord

Edited by Kaboki

This Is my first impressions.

Ok where to begin, just finished downloading and had my first flight around Sitka. First of all I cant get into cockpit view in my Deluxe Aircrafts, second It stutters real bad no smooth flying for me, third the shadows everyones bragging so much about I think they should have a longer drawrate as I could see shadows drawing up in front of eyes and it didnt look good at all, and mountains from a little distance looked like default areas in FSX that they didn't put much work into. No complains about the planes they acted just fine. I'll keep trying this some more but right know I feel like I flushed my money in the toilet.

As for the cockpit view If i remember correct I could change them with the F buttons on the keybord, but It's been awhile since I tried this game so maybe they have changed this?

Edit: Solved the issue with the cockpit view, had to remap it to "c" button on the keybord

Ok, tried it a little more, the stutter seem to occur only when i have heavy weather settings, so I turned down some settings and now it runs smoother. Still seeing some weird things happening with the shadows guess I can live with that. As for the mountains some areas look great some areas look bad(It's a big scenery so for 15$ It's ok) Not Impressed by the small strips, though I havent tried them all.

Wish they had put more detail in the bigger cities and airports.

So I just stuck my hand down the toilet I flushed my money and got it back, just have to dry them first, Im a little happier now :-)

Overall worth the money I put into It, but It won't replace FSX(for now) as my main GA sim. I'll wait until they add more life to this world(If they do). And hope they dont use my money on more pitless planes.

Ok, tried it a little more, the stutter seem to occur only when i have heavy weather settings, so I turned down some settings and now it runs smoother. Still seeing some weird things happening with the shadows guess I can live with that. As for the mountains some areas look great some areas look bad(It's a big scenery so for 15$ It's ok) Not Impressed by the small strips, though I havent tried them all.

Wish they had put more detail in the bigger cities and airports.

So I just stuck my hand down the toilet I flushed my money and got it back, just have to dry them first, Im a little happier now :-)

Overall worth the money I put into It, but It won't replace FSX(for now) as my main GA sim. I'll wait until they add more life to this world(If they do). And hope they dont use my money on more pitless planes.

Try turning off vertical sync. I ran Flight on my just replaced 7 year old Pentium 4 with and it ran with no stutters, so you really shouldn't have a problem providing you have enough Ram and a decent processor and video card.

My anti aliasing in Flight is working horrible on my HD6950, only supersampling seems to help.

How can everybody fly with no stutters? Smooth for me are 60fps with vsync on and not one less. But Alaska is much more demanding than Hawaii. And i see no reasons for that! And i hate the FSX looking standard airfields you can see Miles ahead.

How can everybody fly with no stutters? Smooth for me are 60fps with vsync on and not one less. But Alaska is much more demanding than Hawaii. And i see no reasons for that! And i hate the FSX looking standard airfields you can see Miles ahead.

No stuttering at all for me, now. I had some very minor stuttering over dense forests and Honolulu early on, but either title updates or driver updates have fixed that. Nothing I've seen so far in Alaska has caused me to notice any performance degradation.

I don't know what my frame-rate is, but it's smooth and consistent no matter what I do, with all settings maxed out.

As to airfields being visible from miles ahead, I don't know what to say about that, either. I run right across small little bush strips tucked away in the trees or hills all the time without seeing them until it's too late.