Sign in to follow this  
WILDHEART3003

Air Nav Pro for FSX

Been researching for a best moving map on my IPAD to use in conjunction with FSX, First I tried iGMAP from fswidgets. I found that a bit troublesome to activate the plug in outside fsx and on top of that you need to create a flight plan, save it and then export the .pln file to the app in order to fly to your destination.

I had Air Nav Pro a while ago but unfortunately is only usable on Xplane then. Today, for some reason I did a google search on Air Nav Pro fsx plugin once again and walla! They finally had a plugin for FSX!

So today I decided to play with the plug-in, wasn't quite successful at first but at the end got it to work. What a piece of app this is. It is so easy to use compare to iGMAP. Just create the route on the app and up in the air in no time.

I strongly recommend Air Nav Pro to any fsx simmer that uses thier Ipad as part of their Air Navigation equipment.

You can download the fsx plugin from here.

Follow the instructions here carefully and you won't go wrong. Once you use this you won't use the in flight navigation! :)

Regards.

Tony

Thanks for the head's up Anthony. Quite curious about this one. Especially since it seems to cover outside of USA areas.

Yeah, you have the option to purchase real flight charts if you don't fancy using the free map from openstreetmap.org. The European ICAO map & chart cost £18.99, tbh that's nothing since some of the hardcore simmers spent hundreds of $$$$ on addons + Avionics equipments.

Ouch... That hurts! I unfortunately fall in that "hardcore" category and if i would have to count all the purchases I made since i began "flight siNNing" it would probably make me cry.... But then again, maybe not!