Sign in to follow this  
Kerberos42

Carbon Cub reference speeds

I've trashed a half dozen Carbon Cubs now trying to get a feel for it, especially the STOL characteristics. Without a VC you also don't get the check lists. Does anyone know the ref speeds for this particular beast?

Wow... 32mph stall speed with full flaps. I can barely keep my motorcycle under 30mph!

I have been looking for the green and yellow ark speeds but can't seem to find them or the airspeed indicator for that matter. Makes it kind of difficault. Don't you think they could just give us a couple gages down in the corner of the screen someplace like in previous editions, would that be so difficault? Sorry I said I would not talk about this anymore, I bad!

Yes, a kind of RPM, mixture, pitch and trim information can help us flying. Otherwise we have to learn the job of a test pilot:)

I thought the blue line was only used on multi-engine aircraft, to show best rate-of-climb on a single engine (with the other one shut down). Never saw it on a single-prop plane before.

I just can't get into flying a plane with no cockpit at all. Must be what it is like to fly in some of the early ultra light aircraft, but at least you could look at your feet. I'm sticking to the deluxe aircraft I already have.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I fly the Carbon Cub with the eyepoint moved back.... the cockpit then provides a reference similar to the turn and bank indicator.... I use the hud for air speed , altitude and compass... It took a bit before I automatically looked to the top of the screen to check airspeed.. I have been without rudder pedals for a couple years and my feet still twitch when I want to use rudder. It is the only pitless plane that I fly . I like putting the tundra tires to good use.

It will be nice to have a summary list of speeds for all Flight planes (to be printed) for newbies. I find these speeds only in the check-lists for deluxe plane with cockpit. I write some post-its, but a consolidated list verified by Flight simmers will be an added value.

Does anyone know how to make the default cockpit view position for the cub permanent? I can hit F9 and move the eyepoint up and back to make the cockpit view normal rather down and way out front. The problem is time you leave that view it reverts to the aircraft default.

I don't want mess with Camera .CFG files as I have done frequently in past... because that will change all cockpits. There must be an aircraft file some where with the cockpit position defined.

Brian

Does anyone know how to make the default cockpit view position for the cub permanent? I can hit F9 and move the eyepoint up and back to make the cockpit view normal rather down and way out front. The problem is time you leave that view it reverts to the aircraft default.

I don't want mess with Camera .CFG files as I have done frequently in past... because that will change all cockpits. There must be an aircraft file some where with the cockpit position defined.

Enable the Screenshot View camera and use it as the Cockpit View just in the Cub. Instructions for doing this are in the Camera Views tutorial, but it is the same as the other Camera.cfg files you have edited.

http://forum.avsim.net/tutorials/article/62-adjusting-your-default-view/

This does not affect the actual Cockpit View cam, so it is still set right for other planes.

Flaps, Flaps, I didn't realize it had flaps. Where is the lever???? :Shocked:

Edit ( 5 minutes later)

Well damn, drove to the airport, hopped in and found the flap switch and they work!!!!!!!!! No wonder I couldn't get the Cub to descend on my approaches..... !!!!!!!!!!!!

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Flap lever is right there in the cockpit...

Enable the Screenshot View camera and use it as the Cockpit View just in the Cub. Instructions for doing this are in the Camera Views tutorial, but it is the same as the other Camera.cfg files you have edited.

http://forum.avsim.n...r-default-view/

This does not affect the actual Cockpit View cam, so it is still set right for other planes.

It's discussed in this thread too. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/378356-carbon-cubhow-is-it/