Sign in to follow this  
denver69

Camera simulation as well as the pilot keep awake thingie or PKAT

The pilot keep awake thingie or PKAT (technical term)what the heck is it called?)) would be a great option to be able to disable due to long oceanics while at work or sleep in the crew bunk(my bed). I just hope that is the case or not modeled at all. Those undercariage cameras I would think would be easy to model as they would just be FSX cameras superimposed on a gauge and would be pretty neat option to have.

Just my o2

It's called the Crew Alertness Monitor. IIRC it is a customer option in real life, its hard to say whether PMDG will decide to model it or not though. I hope so and, yes, I hope it's an option. Sometimes I walk away for 20-25 minutes on long haul, don't really want to come back with the warbler screaming at me!

It gives you a message that says pilot respond every so often and the pilot must press some button to make it go away to tell it he is awake, if not it sounds this hellatiouse alarm. Makes it impossible to go to bed on a long transoceanic. I am sure it will be an option or not moddeled. Otherwise it would be a cruel joke by PMDG on it's customers. Would it not be funny? Maybe for the first 5 minutes.

Hehe, my VA has something exactly like that so they know we don't go to the water park during those long hauls, lol

Noah Bryant

It does something else beside the sound? cause we could turn the volume down... :Just Kidding:

The pilot keep awake thingie or PKAT (technical term)what the heck is it called?)) would be a great option to be able to disable due to long oceanics while at work or sleep in the crew bunk(my bed). I just hope that is the case or not modeled at all. Those undercariage cameras I would think would be easy to model as they would just be FSX cameras superimposed on a gauge and would be pretty neat option to have.

Just my o2

Most people call the pilot keep awake thingy "coffee".

Most people call the pilot keep awake thingy "coffee".

Not the PMDG fanboi's

They stay awake all night wondering if the tyre tread pattern and tread depth will be 100% accurate or if PMDG will model the wires that runs into the back of the ND..... if not there will be WAR!!!!....on the internet because in their mind they are really an airline pilot with 15 million type hours on a 777...infact they were the original designer for Boeing before some cover up by the government and their name isnt on the credits list.....

Not the PMDG fanboi's

Really? That one line discredited everything else you wrote.

In any case, I'd hardly say what you wrote would be constituted as a fanboi [sic] of the developer. Further, that supposedly pejorative has had little effect lately simply because people overuse it. Case in point, this situation.

Kyle Rodgers

Sorry guys if I'm off topic.... but i got to say this: every time i watch this video of the 777 from Air Canada, i cannot help thinking that Americans are definitely the best in Aviation (building aircrafts i mean). But lets just don't go there. I'm out !

Sorry guys if I'm off topic.... but i got to say this: every time i watch this video of the 777 from Air Canada, i cannot help thinking that Americans are definitely the best in Aviation (building aircrafts i mean). But lets just don't go there. I'm out !

As a Boeing employee, I most positively agree!

-Thong Do