Sign in to follow this  
Kaboki

what is this?

Something I saw on my first flight in Alaska looks a bit weird, don't know if It's a glitch in the scenery or that It is supposed to look like this...

I don`t have Alaska yet but to me that looks like a river approaching a waterfall but because this seems to be in the winter(going by the weather conditions) the waterfall has frozen. That`s why there is no spray. on the water . Either that or they have not added it , which would be a bit of a blunder.

I saw something similar. In yours it looks like it was supposed to be a glacier, but has water texture.

I suppose the difference is that I didn't feel compelled to come post about it immediately, but rather wait to see if I saw more of them.

We've already gotten reports of incorrect textures that show up, but sometimes will correct themselves after a short time.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I saw something similar. In yours it looks like it was supposed to be a glacier, but has water texture.

I suppose the difference is that I didn't feel compelled to come post about it immediately, but rather wait to see if I saw more of them.

We've already gotten reports of incorrect textures that show up, but sometimes will correct themselves after a short time.

Hook

Yes, I felt compelled to post about It since I've not seen anyone else post pictures like this...

This one didn't correct Itself after a short time...

The screen shots I took of mine look for all the world like a waterfall, except there's no waterfall texture.

I can't tell what the heck yours is supposed to be. That just doesn't look enough like a glacier (even if the color were right), and not much at all like a waterfall.

I suspect terrain errors in both cases. Wouldn't be the first time.

Hook

Larry Hookins

I saw another one like this on my way to the Diomede's island. I thought I saw an iceberg or something, but it had only water textures. I'll try to get a picture ! Many other people saw the same in the session.

Loki was asking for screenshots of terrain errors, preferably with the approximate location, on the Steam Forum. You may want to post it there.

Loki was asking for screenshots of terrain errors, preferably with the approximate location, on the Steam Forum. You may want to post it there.

Im not on the steam forum, and I don't wanna register there just to post pics of scenery glithces as I don't have time to be on all forums on the net, and this is the best forum for Flight as I know of. Just wanted too know if others have expirienced the same as I did.

If anyone are offended by screens like this I apoligize for that, wasn't my intention. But Issues like this i think It's important to highlight expecially If It's a common occurence so that maybe microsoft can patch these things.

If anyone are offended

Not offended, and sorry I came across that way. I was in the wrong. Microsoft does need to see these kinds of errors so they can fix them.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Please report the location of these errors to the Flight team. The Flight team is in reality rather small, and the Alaska area VERY VAST, so things like this can slip through. If they are notified of the problems, they can fix it. Make sure to give them exact location and season so they can duplicate the bug on there own system. This will help make Flight a better product, so please dont be worried about posting such bugs.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

I'll do that next time I see stuff like this, forgot too take note of the location this time.

Please report the location of these errors to the Flight team. The Flight team is in reality rather small, and the Alaska area VERY VAST, so things like this can slip through. If they are notified of the problems, they can fix it. Make sure to give them exact location and season so they can duplicate the bug on there own system. This will help make Flight a better product, so please dont be worried about posting such bugs.

So how does one contact the Flight Team?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

You may like it or not but the Flight forum on Steam IS the official Flight forum... So if you really want to help making Flight better, you will have to register there and post this information over there. Here is a direct link to the Support forum:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1376

I've seen similar 'mistakes' here and there, though not as big, so there definitely is something wrong, but posting more examples over here isn't really useful, so I am locking this topic.