Sign in to follow this  
palala

new airports in fsx

In downloading the latest Navigraph set for the NGX the old FADN airport(including stars etc) have now been replaced by the new airport FALE. Does anyone know whether it is possible to add "new" airports to FSX and if so how would that be accomplished?

all the best

Mel

Only from comercial products.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

It sure would be great if someone like ORBX would take a look at South Africa - I always feel that it is a little neglected. I mean in order to see Table Mountain, a well known icon, you have to get a product like FS Global. (Don't get me wrong I do love FS Global) I mean airfields like Lanseria are done pretty badly by default - I cant remember but I do remember the ILS housing sitting in the middle of runway 06 - which is also to narrow. ( I used to operate out of there during my hour building)

Heres hoping!

Anthony Milner

Go to www.nmgtrading.co.za they have modelled most of the major airports in SA, and have done a pretty good job!

They even have FALE, but I'm still not sure how to get my aerosofts MyTraffic 2010 to recognise this airport and use it instead of FADN.

Regards

Rob Kirk

I do not recommend NMGtrading sceneries at all . Quality is just not there !

I do not recommend NMGtrading sceneries at all . Quality is just not there !

Just had a look at their stuff - I think these guys are the same lot that were making scenery for FS2000 back in the day - I agree that its far from perfect but as far as I can tell its about as good as there is out there at the moment - like I said ORBX South Africa would be great! But I fear that there just isnt enough of a market for it.

Anthony Milner

But I fear that there just isnt enough of a market for it.

Hello Anthony,

You know, I'm from Africa and i'd give anything to see some nice sceneries in my Continent, but since we do not have any (except Nairobi from Orientalsim.....sorry i forgot DTTJ, DTMB, aeRosoft). Most developers will tell you: "Well there is just no request for AFRICA": maybe (However people can't ask for things they ignore, or things they haven't seen or they don't know about) ; "There is no market for AFRICA: WRONG !!!! Its pretty simple, how many people here have ever been/flown to ....lets say Brazzaville, Dakar, Abidjan, Libreville (nice approach), Bamako, Bangui, Windhoek etc... Believe me those airports have SOULS and flying there is not less exciting than landing at EDNY or EDFH !!! Been there and in some other African cities and ..... speechless. Furthermore, i think that designing african airports would be much much easier mainly for 2 reasons:

1- You can easily get Airports datas, pictures and so on: i have myself a very easy access to west african airports.....I already suggested to offer help to 2 well known designers companies and they declined my offer. the answer was: there is no market....Bla bla bla .

2- Most of the time its like 1 runway + 1 or 2 (max) Terminals. Conclusion: less workload !

Don't get me wrong guys, i'm just trying to defend the African Cause here ! lol. Until then i'm flying in America.....nice way to improve my communication skills in English !

One more thing: Hearing some designers saying that there is no market for Africa just make me SICK. Why ? because it would mean that Americans, Europeans, and Australians would like to Fly everywhere except in Africa !!!!! I don't think people have that mentality . ME as a student in aviation and a simmer i fly everywhere, and i'm always curious to know how things go in America Europe, etc... Today i can fly a EHAM LOWI and the next day SBSP SBBR etc.....

PS: Remember they've been saying the exact same thing about asia and now we see more and more quality sceneries for Asia.... Pacific islands, Thai creations, EVEN AEROSOFT will start some... I'm not from Asia but I'm happy to see that region covered ( good times ahead with the 777 PMDG)

I'm out !

I'm sure one day a talented team will takeover this case and all other designers will follow.