Sign in to follow this  
Lethalgoat

Fuel consumption - hanamalu to Honolulu

Hey, while down under still waits for ALaska, I've been flying clandestines when I find them.

Took off a bit light.

Have leaned mixture back to 10%,

airspeed 126kts, 7

% fuel left,

37.6 miles (?) left.

Never really thought about it before this flight that u can lean the mixture that much!

In real world, at 900ft, would you get such good economy?

What would happen to engine? Anything bad?

What would happen to engine? Anything bad?

Guess it would melt :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I actually winged over avoiding the fuzz on the one I posted originally, but by leaning it early I was able to fly the whole 80+ miles (?) with only 12% fuel. I landed at ford island with 2% left.

Fun thing was when I hit Honolulu mainland and had to climb, I'd 4gotten to put mixture back up to 100%.... Had to circle away from ford island direction, climbed a gap and screamed down mountains, flew a valley/river, screenshotted my under bridge maneuver and then pitched up, deployed full flaps, rolled right and landed at ford island.

Love this game, and don't even have alaska yet!!!!

I play with auto mixture because I'm a very casual player, but I noticed on the steam forum it is said the EGT gauge is non-functional. Does changing the mixture actually do anything besides affect fuel usage? Can you play the game running super lean everywhere? Obviously in real-life you'd melt your pistons or rings or whatever, but Flight doesn't have engine damage that I know of.