Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

antic81

About to pull the trigger...

Even on SB 2133 cl9 mems outperform 1600 cl6

Regards/ Hasse

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hey guys,

Well it came and I am pretty happy with it! Spending money online buying add-ons is to damn easy these days! Using paypal should be illegal! haha! Bought AS2012, PMDG NGX - no brainer, UT2 - slightly dissappointed in the lack of South African aviation covered - sliders turned all the way up and no Kulula, Mango etc...come to think of it - only has generic aircraft at London City too - not sure I made the right choice on that one - maybe should have gone with My Traffic 2010...also got EZdok, now just looking for FSGlobal 2010 and I'll be back in business (who needs money for food anyway??), locked FPS at 30 and she stays up there most of the time. Used the ******* tweaks and the PMDG tweaks as well.

Only got my sound properly set up yesterday as I had it incorrectly configured - nearly blew myself out of my chair - good to see my old Creative 4 speaker and Sub set has still got it!

Cheers!

Anthony

Hey guys,

It arrived last thursday...I must say - it is pretty damn quick!! Everything maxed out and PMDG NGX and 30 fps pretty much throughout - I have run the ******* tweaks and set up exactly as the PMDG manual suggested and it runs like a dream - got the speakers correctly configured yesterday (took me a while to work it out) and then ran the NGX and must say the sounds are fantastic!

Got EZDok which really enhanced things even more! Also got AS2012 - which is great too (always used AS in the past so went with what I know!)

It was a glorious feeling to get back into the virtual air again after so much time away!

Now just trying to figure how to get more South African aviation in the air with UT2 - was slightly dissappointed with that one, maybe should have gone with My Traffic 2010 - I used to use my traffic and was really impressed with the amount of aircraft it added to the SA sky!

Cheers!

Anthony

Have you followed Word Not Allowed's Tweak Guide? This really helps with FPS when using high end systems.

Hi Anthony good to see that you are happy with your system. I too am glad to be back on the simming world. Been splurging on some addons since I had not gotten antyhing much in the last 3 years.

BTW..what is the PMDG tweek you are talking about? Link?

Manny

Do not make multiple topics on multiple forums.

Sorry fella, started it on the PMDG forum and then decided to try my luck here!

My appologies - you actually could have just deleted it - no need to merge but thanks anyway!

Anthony

Hi Anthony good to see that you are happy with your system. I too am glad to be back on the simming world. Been splurging on some addons since I had not gotten antyhing much in the last 3 years.

BTW..what is the PMDG tweek you are talking about? Link?

Manny

It was included with their PMDG 737 NGX mate! Just the documents and installation guide!

Cheers,

2nd gen Ivy Bridges

It is unlikely that these will even be on the 1155 socket. Haswell is likely going to be on 1150.

It is unlikely that these will even be on the 1155 socket. Haswell is likely going to be on 1150.

I think he's talking about new IB steppings Ben, not Haswell