Sign in to follow this  
severniae

Wilco E-Jets

Hi All,

Being a bit of a Biz-jet nut at the moment. I only just found out that Wilco have an Embracer Lineage 1000 as part of their e-jets series!

What is the general opinion of the Wilco E-jets? Good to fly? Good visual model? and how are the systems - Are they comparable to the Eaglesoft systems on their biz-jets or is it closer to the FSX default type...?

Thanks

James

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Wilco E-Jets are made by Feethere, which is no longer associated with Wilco. Feelthere products are very good. Just go directly to Feelthere and browse:

http://www.feelthere.com/cate_id_95.html

The Phenom 1000 is light. You will want to look at Eaglesoft Cessna Citation X and Flight1 Cessna Mustang. Both are very good, but I like the Mustang better, as it looks better inside and out. IMO of course.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Aha, yes I've already got the Citation X and The Cessna mustang! Both brilliant products!

James W

feelThere Embraer range are very good.

With the EJets you only get the Lineage if you buy version 1. V1 is the E170, E190, and Lineage. V2 is the E175, and E195.

The E series are more like airliners, including the Lineage, they are large regional to mid range.

But if you don't mind no auto throttle and a bit of hand flying, the ERJ V2 package is the real gem in my opinion. The cockpits are nicer, and you get a model with hidden yoke. In these planes the Yoke really can get in the way, so it's good to have that model on the ERJ.

They all come with both VC and 2D though so it depends how you fly.

EJets for more automated and more avionics, or the ERJ for nicer looks and more fun hand flying.

They also have an Embraer Phenom, as a "light" product, ie less complexities etc.

Hmm now I'm rather confused.

Both Wilco and Feelthere have the e-jets series on their site, both seem to sell it... Which site has the most recent version - plus there are two versions on the feelthere website that I can see - And I have no idea which is the right one to buy! What I want to do is have a large exec jet, the Lineage 1000 suits my needs with its 4200nm range perfectly (I'm wanting to do a fair few over-the-atlantic crossings)

the links I found on the feelthere website are;

http://www.feelthere.com/40_e-jets-series-embraer-170-and-190.html

and

http://www.feelthere.com/22_embraer-e-jets-v-2-embraer-175-and-195.html

What is what? haha

Thanks,

James

James W

Ps to answer your question - yes the systems are comparable to the bizjets. Nothing like FSX default!

Updatable navigation database too.

While there are a few small functions not implemented, you won't need them. The FMS and MFD does everything you need, and has performance, progress pages etc too.

The only downside is it doesn't take FSBuild plans directly, it has to load from a plan in FSX format but it seems to work. I just type in the waypoints anyway because the FMS accepts keyboard input.

If you only want the Lineage buy the 170/190

http://www.feelthere.com/40_e-jets-series-embraer-170-and-190.html

Think of Wilco more like a reseller/publisher. Feelthere site is latest version.

Brilliant, thanks!

Whats the visuals like? Very dated or are they comparable to say... the Eaglesoft Citation X? (I guess hoping for visuals like PMDG or Flight1 are a little ahead of their time!)

James W

The ERJs are better visually because they are newer.

I don't have the Eaglesoft, but the E Jets look ok.

It's not PMDG, but it's also not a 2004 model either. For example the Level D has a flat overhead panel, the Ejets the VC is in 3D, for the most part anyway.

Check out some videos on youtube and you'll see what I mean.

For externals - McPhat liveries are available if you like them.

The Feelthere E-jet is a good simulation .

Positive:

Beautiful model, great panel and Vc ,

excellent simulation of Flight guidance and

Honeywell Primus system (some study and learning is required initially! )

Very good flight dynamics.

A bit less positive:

Panel text (glareshield) not very readable (no more a problem, once you

know where the important buttons are)

SImple Vc lighting (on/off).

Some bugs ( FD at take-off, go-around below 450 feet).

The version V2 (175/195) is same as V1(170,190,Linage) + HUD and program MAP + glareshield popup.

Guy

Hi Guy - Is the HUD in the VC or 2D only? I remember reading somewhere that they didn't have a proper 3D hud....

Honeywell is a bonus - I've spent ages learning the inns and outs of the Honeywell FMS system on the Citation X - Hopefully its not going to be a huge retrain!

Whats the problem with the FD at take-off?

James W

The Hud is in 2d only.

The Linage which comes with version V1 (170/190) has no Hud at all.

During the initial take-off phase, before acceleration, the position

of the horizontal bar of the FD does not correspond to V2+10, as it should,

but rather to V2+25 !

Only a minor flaw for me !

For details:

V1: http://secure.simmar...et-series.phtml

V2: http://secure.simmar...5-and-195.phtml

Guy

Yeah agreed thats a minor problem - I'm sure I can manage to fly at V2+10 manually!

Is the range in the Lineage 1000 model accutare (4200 with NBAA+200nm alternate)?

James W

Yeah agreed thats a minor problem - I'm sure I can manage to fly at V2+10 manually!

Is the range in the Lineage 1000 model accutare (4200 with NBAA+200nm alternate)?

Must pass on that one, as i make only short hop's.

Fuel consumption has always seemed normal to me.

The 190 has a tank capacity of 2X 2137 while the linage has 2X 3740 !

Guy

Well that certainly sounds like it has the added tank space! Brilliant! Well shall have to see how she performs, mefinks I shall be ordering tonight!

James W

Well got the E-Jet - So far so good just had a look at it not done a flight yet, t'is next!

Anyone know of any good liveries for the Lineage-1000????

James W