Sign in to follow this  
nudata

FSX GA-Traffic - No Output File?

I believed that FSX GA-Traffic would put a traffic BGL into scenery/world/scenery. But I see no sign of any new traffic file in that folder.

Also, a long time ago there was some easy way to eliminate a large number of airports from compiling traffic . I know that I can manually place (by typing) ICAO codes in the Do Not Use file. However, from a long time ago I thought there was an easier way to place almost 20,000 codes into the file.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

It has been a while since I played with raw flight plans but to my recollection, FSX default GA and airline are contained in the same traffic.bgl. When recompiled, the flightplan.txt file, contains all of the flightplans. This is a FS9 style flightplan but for this question, I think they are essentially the same:

AC#25,9G-QGH,10%,WEEK,IFR,1/14:23:28,1/18:17:41,150,R,0000,FKKD,2/05:41:50,2/09:36:03,150,R,0000,DGAA

The section "IFR" determines that this flight is not a GA flight. If that section read "VFR", FSX would consider it GA flight.

So, in short, the GA and airline traffic is in the same .bgl

One question - I am not familiar with the "do not use file". Where is it located?

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

The NotUseAirports.txt file is in the GA-Traffic program's folder.

My problem not getting any evidence of a new BGL or an update to an existing BGL is that I am using 64bit Windows7. I have a dual boot so need to reboot to 32bit and see what happens.

regards,

Wait, you are talking about the add on GA traffic rather than the FSX default GA traffic. Sorry about the confusion.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Yes the ancient program. No big deal. Plenty of AI from Orbx Northwest airports where I spend my time.....

regards,

If you don't mind the GA traffic being Cessnas then HTAI-MODELS.COM is a pretty good deal.

I fly mostly smaller (3CK, 06C, etc.) airfields in the Chicago area and this does a nice job of adding a few aircraft.

It's FS9 format, so you'll need to covert the AI flight plans to FSX using AIFP or some other such tool.

BTW: I bought my copy from a vendor, so it might be worth checking with the author to insure that the version on the HTAI website includes the AI flight plans.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Interesting site........

regards,