Sign in to follow this  
quadraspleen

Gmap for FLIGHT

Anyone got the new V2.0 of GMAP for FLIFGHT working? I keep getting "cannot connect to FLIGHT" on it..Have tried all the different combos of starting order

Anyone?

Ta

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

I had that yesterday too, but decided not to use it anyway because I read you have to run Flight in Window mode unless you have a 2nd monitor which I don't. I am waiting for the Android version of it to enable Flight and I will put it on my Android phone.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

The trick is to start in Hawaii and connect GMap. You can then move to Alaska and GMap will continue to work.

kodiakmap.jpg

George

Go to the fswidgets.com forum, there is a link to a fix 2.1

With that 2nd Fix it works good also after the Alaska DLC

Edit:here is it

http://fswidgets.com/download/fsw_gmap_msf_21.zip

Cheers, Stephan

i7 4790K @4,6Ghz (102x45), ASUS Maximus VII Hero, 16GB Corsair Venegance 1866, Corsair WC H100i, Gigabyte GTX 780 OC, 3x SSD (Win7, FSX, P3D), Dell UHD 27'", Saitek Homecockpit

Hi,

Prior to posting this I noticed new posts so if info here may be repeated.

The free version of GMAP for Flight is under active development. It's been requested of those who are checking it out to not provide links as this may cause future problems. Details can be found at the FSWidgets website. A new Flight forum has been created there. GMAP still must be run in a window or run in the background while Flight runs full screen. I prefer full screen so I simply ALT-Tab between Flight and GMAP as desired. Pretty much the same as checking the map in Flight with the advantage of being able to do this while doing a job.

GMAP has the ability to use Flight Simulator Flight plans. Those created in FSX do not, in some cases, correspond with the Google data that GMAP uses. Google data and Flight data correspond very closely so it looks like I'm going to finally have to learn how to use Plan-G.

GMAP currently works fine on a single monitor and under most conditions when using multiple monitors but looses connection in a certain situation when going from one World scenery area to another. I'll post when the remaining problems with GMAP are taken care of.

Jim F.

Don't think this program is ready for prime time yet with Flight. Tried numerous things to keep it and Flight running and nothing seems to work. Back to the sectionals...

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

I prefer full screen so I simply ALT-Tab between Flight and GMAP as desired.

Hi Jim,

I'm guessing you have the "pause on task switch" ticked?

Are you an FSW dev? Great programs!

EDIT: still won't connect unless you choose Hawaii (Thanks for that George)

JAKE EYRE
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

The trick is to start in Hawaii and connect GMap. You can then move to Alaska and GMap will continue to work.

Actually, if you are already somewhere in Alaska, just change the Map to Hawaii, Connect GMap, then click back on Alaska. Your aircraft will still be wherever it was parked (or flying for that matter)... :Nerd:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

^^ That's what I am now doing, Bill. Works a treat!

JAKE EYRE
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

But you don't have to with the latest fix, 2.1

I posted the link above

Gesendet von meinem X10i mit Tapatalk 2

Cheers, Stephan

i7 4790K @4,6Ghz (102x45), ASUS Maximus VII Hero, 16GB Corsair Venegance 1866, Corsair WC H100i, Gigabyte GTX 780 OC, 3x SSD (Win7, FSX, P3D), Dell UHD 27'", Saitek Homecockpit

Doesn't work for me. No difference between that and 2.0..Again, I tried all starting combos..only works if I change to Hawaii then back...

JAKE EYRE
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Doesn't work for me. No difference between that and 2.0..Again, I tried all starting combos..only works if I change to Hawaii then back...

Here is what I found out on my system.

1. It will not connect to Flight in Alaska, just in Hawaii, and I have the latest version

2. If you want to run Flight in Full Screen mode, you can switch back back and forth between Flight and Gmap, by using Alt Tab.

3. If you switch back and forth you have to uncheck the Pause option in the Game setting in Flight ( says something like Puase when losing focus or something similar.

4. After I connect, it tries to get infor from Google maps, but my firewall is blocking it. I haveto find out what that site is so I can enable it in the firewall settings. I found this out by turning off the firewall, and after connecting to Flight, it downloaded the Google map info immediately.

So it looks like, start in Hawaii, move to Alaska, and then see if a firewall fix is needed.

But you don't have to with the latest fix, 2.1

I updated to 2.1 before running my test and posting my results, for what it's worth. :Peace:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator