Sign in to follow this  
Kaly

VS Stearman!

Looks better than the Golden Age one, but the promo video doesn't preview the sounds unfortunately.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

And, for some unknown reason, I can't buy it, as my CC is denied, although it is fine everywhere else in the known Universe.

And I was really looking forward to this one, as St75.zip was my absolute favorite in FS9.

Be interested to see some comparison shots between this one and the Flight one. As much as I quite like it in spite of it's fairly crap flight model, I know the Golden Age one does not compare favourably with the one in Flight, which it has to be said, looks excellent and flies a lot better than the GA Sims one.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

There is a bit of inside information might be of interest , the actual model was by the same fellow who did the Stearman for Flight , though with a great many more polygons here.

I was running the yet to be released pontoon version around today seeing how it behaved in multiplayer with the lod models added, and enjoyed the Sonic Solutions Soundset ( made note to add waves lapping ) but noted also how well FSX supports HD model and texture sets. FSX has not only legs but one big set of balls, always amazes me what we can throw at it detail wise on modern computers and its smooth as still water.

Pretty cool to see they have included the Old Crow paintjob, I've admired it in real life a couple of times and wanted to have it for the Stearman in Flight :P.

(Pic 1, Pic 2, Pic 3)

Has anyone bought this yet?

I did, but only had time for a couple of short flights.

Not real impressed right now, but PLEASE take that with a grain of salt. I had looping sounds (engine) and couldn't get full power out of the engine. I am hoping I have something wrong with the setup, I am going to try it again this afternoon or evening, if I can find the time.

The view out of the VC (back seat) is horrendous, but I assume that is realistic.

Again, quick first impressions; I wish someone with more expertise than I (and that would be almost anyone here on the board) would give a quick review.

Has anyone bought this yet?

I did, but only had time for a couple of short flights.

Not real impressed right now, but PLEASE take that with a grain of salt. I had looping sounds (engine) and couldn't get full power out of the engine. I am hoping I have something wrong with the setup, I am going to try it again this afternoon or evening, if I can find the time.

The view out of the VC (back seat) is horrendous, but I assume that is realistic.

Again, quick first impressions; I wish someone with more expertise than I (and that would be almost anyone here on the board) would give a quick review.

edit:

OK, for me, it doesn't cut the mustard.

When starting on the runway (haven't tried to start it anywhere else), hitting the starter switch immediately propels me down the runway at full power, it seems. This is with throttle cracked and mixture full.

The sounds, IMO, are not up to today's standards, the looping in the cockpit are unacceptable. They wouldn't even be tolerated in a freeware plane, let alone one costing $35 US.

Perhaps a patch will be coming down the road, I certainly hope so. I REALLY, REALLY wanted a good FSX Stearman, but this sure does not do it for me.

Oh, and after doing these latest test flights, I loaded up a couple of other planes (Ant's Tiger Moth and Baytower's RV-7), and they both worked fine, same airport, weather, time of day, etc.