Sign in to follow this  
nopresnik

[Solved] Disappointed with my brand new PC

Hey guys. Im new to the forums.

I got a brand new computer not that long ago and I'm very disappointed with it. It costs around $3500 and I'm getting the opposite of what I was expecting. I'm getting a laggy 10 FPS on any airport without addon scenery. I get around 5 FPS with ORBX YMML v2 addon scenery. I've tried many things to fix lag but nothing has worked. I really need to get those FPS up to a good standard.

Here are my computers specs.

wex5M.jpg

I would appreciate it if someone could help me get to the bottom of this.

This looks like an off the shelf PC... in other words, you didn't build it yourself? $3500 (if that's USD) is way too much to pay these days. That was a bit of rant sorry... but it looks like it's a non "K" version and can't be overlocked nearly as easily as a 2600K version of that CPU.

Highly recommend reading the sticky post at the top of this forum, it will get you started (and make you happier lol)

http://forum.avsim.n...-guide-for-fsx/

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

This looks like an off the shelf PC... in other words, you didn't build it yourself? $3500 (if that's USD) is way too much to pay these days. That was a bit of rant sorry... but it looks like it's a non "K" version and can't be overlocked nearly as easily as a 2600K version of that CPU.

Highly recommend reading the sticky post at the top of this forum, it will get you started (and make you happier lol)

http://forum.avsim.n...-guide-for-fsx/

Thanks for your information.

Looks like ill have to get used to 10 FPS :Straight Face:

I don't understand why that PC cost so much? What else did you get with it?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Two things we need to know here, what is the graphics card (GPU) in your computer, and what speed is the RAM (memory). To find that out, you can download this for free, and install and run it, and it will tell you what those are: http://www.cpuid.com...ares/cpu-z.html

Fast RAM is better than more RAM, and although FSX is more processor (CPU) dependant than it is graphics (GPU) dependant, a fairly decent graphics card with a decent amount of (fast) memory will help matters.

One thing you certainly can do however, is go into the display option in FSX, put all the sliders on low settings, and then increment them to higher settings in stages, and test where it starts to slow down on the various settings. Few computers can blast along at very high FPS with every slider on the right, that's just the way it is, because FSX was designed to run on a single core computer with the hope that faster single core computers would emerge over the years, and of course they did not, instead we got multi core ones, so the technology diverged from the intent of FSX's architectural target, and thus it remains bound to an older technological methodology.

Don't worry too much though, with some tweaks you can find on Avsim and a bit of experimentation, you will be able to get it running okay.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

First off, I'm sick of people always saying that you MUST overclock your PC to get good performance in FSX. That's rubbish, as my friends across the pond would say. Back in the early days of FSX we would have killed for the performance a STOCK 2500k is capable of. If you want the BEST performance possible, then yes, but believe it or not, not every PC flight simmer wants to faf about with overclocking.

Anyway, your pic doesn't give enough detail, mainly we would need to know what kind of graphics card it has. If it was $3500 then I assume it has something really nice like SLI GTX 580s. It should be getting better performance for sure.

First off, I'm sick of people always saying that you MUST overclock your PC to get good performance in FSX.

Yeah, My PC is similar and I don't overclock ANYTHING and have solid frame rates with a GTX 560 Ti. I mean, is it worth it?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Thanks for your replys.

Here are some more detailed specs of my PC

8M7hZ.jpg

hJ3U9.jpg

wQf17.jpg

wVQJ1.jpg

Mkk3d.jpg

First off, I'm sick of people always saying that you MUST overclock your PC to get good performance in FSX. That's rubbish, as my friends across the pond would say. Back in the early days of FSX we would have killed for the performance a STOCK 2500k is capable of. If you want the BEST performance possible, then yes, but believe it or not, not every PC flight simmer wants to faf about with overclocking.

I never said you must... but I guarantee that the difference between a stock 2600K and one overclocked is noticeable, especially with third party addons, with high levels of AA and AF. The results are in the FSMark thread :) I know the difference between my own 2500K at stock and 4.4 is a huge difference (usually about 10 fps and going from 20 to 30 means a lot to me)

I freely admit if a user uses stock scenery and airplanes they'll never notice anything beyond stock CPU freqs/volts etc

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Anyway, your pic doesn't give enough detail, mainly we would need to know what kind of graphics card it has. If it was $3500 then I assume it has something really nice like SLI GTX 580s. It should be getting better performance for sure.

If you want all the eyes candy on you will have to overclock, eyes candy at low settings will demand less from your PC.

It all depend on how much you are welling to push the sliders to the right.

If you want all the eyes candy on you will have to overclock, eyes candy at low settings will demand less from your PC.

It all depend on how much you are welling to push the sliders to the right.

Im not sure how to do an overclock on a non "K" proccessor

It's possible with a home built but not sure with yours - where did you buy your PC from? Some BIOSes are not OC friendly and/or locked with store bought/etailer

Here's a dated but still valid thread:

http://www.clunk.org.uk/forums/overclocking/39184-p67-sandy-bridge-overclocking-guide-beginners.html#post110980

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

It's possible with a home built but not sure with yours - where did you buy your PC from? Some BIOSes are not OC friendly and/or locked with store bought/etailer

I've got no idea, it was a more so a gift. A friend of my parents who owns a private IT business bought it. Don't know where he got it from. I saw some YouTube videos of the same processor with nice smooth FPS.

EDIT: I have ORBX FTX Australia installed. I removed that and it made an awesome improvement!

Its a lot better now and I've gt a good 20 FPS.

I dont really need ORBX FTX Australia anyway, I'm happy with default terrain.

I'll modify some cfg settings to get some more improvements.

I think this thread is solved now!

Thanks for all your help guys!

First off, I'm sick of people always saying that you MUST overclock your PC to get good performance in FSX. That's rubbish...

Sure you can get good performance out of a stock cpu but I'll tell you that the difference between stock and overclock is night and day.

Sure you can get good performance out of a stock cpu but I'll tell you that the difference between stock and overclock is night and day.

I have a K model...not sure if it can be overclocked or what benefit it would be. Can someone enlighten me?

Gregg Seipp