Sign in to follow this  
xander787

FMC blank/off after loading cold and dark state

So, I'm new to the PMDG 737 and have been trying to follow the manual but have already hit a snag. In the manual to go from cold and dark it says to use the FMC and load the cold and dark state. I do so, and get the green initialization bar at the top of the screen, but the FMC doesn't come back. It stays blank and I can't use it afterwards. What could be wrong here? Thanks

--

Alexander

Press and hold the menu button and this will allow you to access the configuration settings of the fmc.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

Hi Xander, and welcome.

You can do what Alfredo said, but it is unrealistic I think because in the real world, you need a power source to use the FMC. The airplane can't be completely off for you to change FMC stuff. Just like a car's radio can't be used if the ignition is not on. Either connect Ground Power, or use the APU.

If you flick the battery switch to on, the FMC will come alive. You don't need to crank up the APU.

Get onto some of those tutorials, they will sort it out.

Frank Cooper

Hi Xander, and welcome.

You can do what Alfredo said, but it is unrealistic I think because in the real world, you need a power source to use the FMC. The airplane can't be completely off for you to change FMC stuff. Just like a car's radio can't be used if the ignition is not on. Either connect Ground Power, or use the APU.

While this might be true, its quite impossible to connect the ground power in the NGX without having use of the FMC....so in turn, you'd still have to hold the menu button as mentioned above to connect the ground power.....

-Dan Burke-

Hi Xander, and welcome.

Actually you don't get access to the FMS stuff on the CDU without power on the airplane. This press and hold menu thing is just to enable the PMDG Options and FS Actions in the CDU. The FMS pages are still inactive.

Matheus Mafra

Ah, thanks all, I got it. Really stupid oversight on my part, it just seemed like the tutorial file didn't address it and just skipped to using it again after loading the cold and dark state. Thanks!

--

Alexander

I've actually just come across another question, I don't know if it's okay to post it in this same thread but I didn't want to start a whole brand new one for it as it seems just as simple as this one. I've now got the whole starting up of the plane down and am at the taxiing stage but, strangely, with this aircraft I'm not able to steer it during taxi using my regular yoke like I usually do. I checked to see if there was a way to operate the tiller or something but couldn't find anything. I know usually in FSX the yoke is linked with the nose wheel as well so I'm not sure what to do here. Any ideas or something I'm missing? Thanks again.

--

Alexander

Turn off autorudder in realism options.

I actually do have autorudder turned off as per the instructions when I installed. Still doesn't work, not sure what could be wrong

--

Alexander

I actually do have autorudder turned off as per the instructions when I installed. Still doesn't work, not sure what could be wrong

--

Alexander

This is your problem. The yoke only controls the ailerons and the horizontal stabilizer with the auto rudder turned off, not the nose wheel or the rudder. I have a joystick and if I have auto rudder off, I can move my joystick from side to side while taxiing and the ailerons move up and down with no change to the direction of the aircraft...however, if I have auto rudder on, and move the joy stick from side to side it causes the aircraft to turn. Luckily, my joystick acts as a tiller by twisting it from left to right so I can have the auto rudder off and it causes me no issues as I can steer while taxiing. It sounds like you may need to get rudder pedals or a joystick to work in combination with your yoke as I don't think your yoke is going to twist to turn the plane! Does this make sense?

-Dan Burke-

I've got a related issue. I can turn on the CDU by holding the MENU key, but the NGX Introduction manual also says "You can also turn the FMS based menus off this way when desired," at the bottom of page 43. I'm unable. The simulation won't let me press and hold the menu key. The click releases in about a half second and the CDU does not shut off again. Is there a way around this?

-Nathan Theriault

Just like a car's radio can't be used if the ignition is not on

Not quite true in the new cars now days, in  my work van you don't  even need  the keys in the ignition for the car radio  to work.  Tried turning on your car lights  with out the keys in as well you find  they will work as well. :P

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi, All you have to do is go up to the overhead and turn the battery on....problem solved.....

Or, you can invest in FS2Crew, call ground crew and ask them to connect the GPU. That will turn on your FO's CDU and add more realism to the whole experience. It's not expensive and worth every penny.

Quick question... is there a way to modify/edit the default load states on the PMDG 737 and 777? For example if I wanted to edit the 777 CLDDRK state, can it be done?

Tony B.

Tony Boutros

Aviation Enthusiast, Businessman/Entrepreneur, Teacher, Philosopher, Dancer, Husband, Father.

(Prove to me that I am who I say I am :rolleyes:)