Sign in to follow this  
FloG

Prague Ruzyne Airport

I've just found this:http://lkpr.aspone.cz/IndexE.html. Saw some screenshots in a magazine as well, it looks really great, and it's for free.

Can't wait to test it.

Cheers

Flo

My word, that looks like payware. Thank you Flo for the link.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

My word, that looks like payware.

It sure is payware quality.

The scenery doesn't only cover the airport itself, but also the city of Prague, which is situated right East of LKPR, but sadly enough neither autogen nor landmarks are displayed in the scenery outside of the airport. (Maybe I just missed something?)

Thought, I'd post some more screenshots here.

Thanks a lot for giving such a great scenery for free.

Flo

Great link trere. Thanx!

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

The scenery doesn't only cover the airport itself, but also the city of Prague, which is situated right East of LKPR, but sadly enough neither autogen nor landmarks are displayed in the scenery outside of the airport. (Maybe I just missed something?)

The landmarks can be downloaded here:

http://vfr-praha.ic.cz/index.php?clanek=download

Look for "VFR objekty Praha 1.2" and when using FSX you will have to deactivate one bgl file, containing the word "pankrac".

And deactivate ortho from LKPR scenery folder - there are files including ortho for airport itself and the city. I deactivated both of them, hi-res texture of airport is enough...

And voila - you have the most beautiful city on the world in its whole beauty...:D

In case you need some help, just drop me a message.

I wonder if this is the same as the LKPR I downloaded here a few months ago? http://lkpr-scenery.wz.cz/en/index.php

Although the one I downloaded from the link mentioned is titled as RC2 and was dated 5-6-2008, the one in the top post has updates dated this year.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The new one uses some objects from the old one, but newer and accurate is the one mentioned in the first post.

Thanks for the info. I guess I will go ahead and download the newer one and give it a shot.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Look for "VFR objekty Praha 1.2" and when using FSX you will have to deactivate one bgl file, containing the word "pankrac".

There were two with that word. I deleted the one called "pankrak". Should it have been the other, because the rows of trees around the airport are like cardboard standups rectangles.

In case you need some help, just drop me a message.

Thanks. Just those trees to fix -- oh, also I get a "building crash" flying from the airport low (but not THAT low! <G>) towards the old town (sight-seeing) when getting close to the River Vitava.

Else it is excellent scenery.

Regards

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Pete, you deleted the right one, otherwise you wouldn't have started FSX. The trees are a known bug as those objects are primarily made for FS9.

Regarding the CTD over the city, I will try to contact the authors, but I have no problem at all. Do you have VFR above LKPR in your scenery library?

Pete, you deleted the right one, otherwise you wouldn't have started FSX. The trees are a known bug as those objects are primarily made for FS9.

No way to remove them then? Thery look really naff!

Regarding the CTD over the city

Not a cTD, only a "building crash" with an invisible building maybe a thousand feet tall or more. And not over the city, more over the hills near on the airport side of the river -- somewhere close to the castle I'd guess (I've been to the brewpub behind the monastery further up than the castle)..

Do you have VFR above LKPR in your scenery library?

Below in priority tems (lower number in the CFG file). I assumed the airport would need to be on top if the VFR package was providing ground textures.

Thanks,

Pete

Not a cTD, only a "building crash" with an invisible building maybe a thousand feet tall or more. And not over the city, more over the hills near on the airport side of the river -- somewhere close to the castle I'd guess (I've been to the brewpub behind the monastery further up than the castle)..

I had this with Prague scenery but with a version I downloaded about a year ago. If I remember correctly, the similar place you mentioned (I took off from LKPR and flew towards the city.. than invisible crash). Never found a solution and because of that I never fly there.

So I went there for real this May... the beer is still excelent!

I had this with Prague scenery but with a version I downloaded about a year ago. If I remember correctly, the similar place you mentioned (I took off from LKPR and flew towards the city.. than invisible crash). Never found a solution and because of that I never fly there.

That's a shame.

So I went there for real this May... the beer is still excelent!

Yes. I'm going again in August for a long weekend. ;-)

Regards

Pete