Sign in to follow this  
conura

A hardware question

Hello all,

I am curious about the machines you all run the NGX on - and the addons you use. It would appear many use Sandybridge CPU's but I was curious as to how you're all running the SIm. Also what settings in terms of traffic and airport density? - And the actual hardware in terms of controlling the aircraft?

I myself use the following

core i5 760 @ 3.4ghz

4gb DDR 3 ram at 1333mhz

GTX 560ti

7200RPM Seagate drive

X52 Pro Flight stick

FSX + Acceleration, UTX, GEX, REX Essential, and of course the NGX. Traffic off for a constant 28+fps.

This gives me a smooth experience. I'd like to add traffic but, ultimately, it's about the flight and aircraft for me and the traffic can be a bit annoying. Though I will try Vatsim at some point.

There is a dedicated FSX hardware forum(s) for these type of questions. http://forum.avsim.n...ms-discussions/

I think there is a effort to keep PMDG forums a little more on topic nowadays.

I just made me-self a similar set-up to the OP. I think your experience is pretty typical for those outside the uber-overclockers/hardware afficianados.