Sign in to follow this  
Haase

Adjust enb series to be dark at night yet retain bright lights?

I know there are posts on this and I looked around a lot... however they all seem to have the same question and then abruptly end without answers. Is FSX capable of being darkened by enb series at night yet having a bright VC (using the NGX) bright taxi lights and overall night lighting environment? I tried the new xplane 10 for a bit and the night lighting environment is what I'm aiming for.

Unfortunately not, what ever you do with ENB, whether its brighten the outside or make the outside darker is going to also be displayed in the VC. It would be awesome if ENB could control both the external lighting and the internal VC lighting seperately, but its one setting for all.

It can take a bit of tweaking to find the right balance at night so the outside is dark enough but the inside of the VC isn't too dark.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yes. Hang on and I'll grab the link from the REX forums. A member there modified one of Tim's palettes and it works perfectly to darken the nights but runway lights/VC remain bright. Days look amazing as well. It's the only ENB series I've ever been happy with. Specifically designed for a 24 hour cycle.

http://www.realenvir...nload-included/

I think I'm using his 2nd revision which is linked a few posts down from the top.

Bonchie I will take a peek at this. Thanks for the advice!!

He states that he's using Shade.. Do you think that will matter?

Bonchie I will take a peek at this. Thanks for the advice!!

He states that he's using Shade.. Do you think that will matter?

I don't use shade and it still looks good.